How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > AAX Plug-ins
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 03-27-2015, 08:24 AM
Plug & Mix

Default Plug and Mix's CHAINER - Free for P&M clients

Plug and Mix are proud to announce that they have launched a great new product that all of you V.I.P. Plugin owners will love ! We called it, the P&M “Chainer”. It can load and chain P&M plug-ins but it can also…… load VST effects and VSTi instruments into Pro Tools.

As the name implies, the Chainer is first of all a FREE utility that all of you P&M plugin owners can use to load your P&M plug-ins and “Chain” them to create useful effect patches and load them into new sessions or even other DAWs…

But If you purchase the FULL version, the Chainer will be able to load and “Chain” any VST effects or VSTi instruments making it a powerfull tool to use within any modern DAW including Pro Tools.

Users can therefore use the Chainer to save great effect presets or VSTi virtual instrument patches that can be recalled from any DAW at anytime needed.

For example, let’s say you are a guitarist and want to save typical effect patches. The Chainer enables you to load up to 32 effects in series or parallel. So you may want to load and save a compressor, an EQ, an Amp sim, a delay, a reverb, a chorus, etc, and save the whole thing within a patch that can be loaded in other sessions or even other DAWs. The same concept can be applied to vocal patches, drum patches, or any other typical effect chains that you want to recall in future sessions. A time saver !

The same applies to virtual instruments that can be loaded and chained one after the other. Effect plugins can be loaded into any slots adding amazing effects to your sounds or instruments.

Drag and Drop functionalities enables users to conveniently change the order of the effects and/or virtual instruments they load within the Chainer. A mixer section enables users to solo, mute and control the level, Mix and Pan of each effects or instruments loaded in the chainer. The chainer also provides useful Spectrum and 1/3 Oct analysers, Phase and audio Waveform visualisation to control the audio signal processes within the Chainer…

The chainer natively contains all of the 45 P&M VST Series plug-ins making it easy to save/load chained presets of your favourite P&M Plug-ins. The Chainer is FREE for all REGISTERED P&M Plug-in owners. Therefore, the Chainer will automatically detect any authorised P&M plug-ins, ready to use. They can be chained in series or parallel to save/load presets that can be used in other sessions or even other DAWs.

Enjoy !

From today until April 30, the P&M Chainer will be sold at the introductory price od ONLY $49 (MSRP ($129).

While there, we are celebrating this event by making the P&M V.I.P. Bundle available at ONLY $99 (MSRP $249)

Best Regards,

Nick
http://www.dontcrack.com
--------------------------------------------
- JOIN US ON FACEBOOK -
Old 03-27-2015, 08:45 AM

Default Re: Plug and Mix's CHAINER - Free for P&M clients

This looks cool actually.

Question: So if we already own the V.I.P bundle, then the Chainer plug is included in that, but will not host VST plugins? And if we want the VST capability, it is $49?

Lenovo P50: quad-core i7-6820hq, 64GB, 2TB SSD, Win 10 Pro / Protools Ultimate 2023.6 / HD|Native-TB
2018 MacBook Pro: six-core i9, 32GB, 1TB, Monterey / Protools Studio 2023.6, / DVS / DAR, L-ISA Studio

Home/mobile: Focusrite Red 8Pre+HD32R / Clarett 4Pre
Road/hotel: Roland OctaCaputre / Apogee One
Old 03-27-2015, 09:01 AM
Plug & Mix

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCBigler View Post
This looks cool actually.

Question: So if we already own the V.I.P bundle, then the Chainer plug is included in that, but will not host VST plugins? And if we want the VST capability, it is $49?

Hello JCBigler,

When you download the new Plug and Mix 3.3 version, the Chainer is included in it.

It will let you create chains of the Plug and Mix plug-ins that are available on your computer.

You can load VST plug-ins and VST instruments they will run in 'demo ' mode meaning they will fade-out every 45 seconds.

BUT the cool thing is, all the chains you construct for your VST plug-ins and VST instruments as presets and that are saved are available for later use. And if or when you decide to get the FULL version they will be there waiting for you.

The FULL version will load all your VST format plug-ins from any manufacturer into your ProTools.

Best Regards,

Nick
- JOIN US ON FACEBOOK -
Old 03-27-2015, 09:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Hamilton View Post
Hello JCBigler,

When you download the new Plug and Mix 3.3 version, the Chainer is included in it.

It will let you create chains of the Plug and Mix plug-ins that are available on your computer.

You can load VST plug-ins and VST instruments they will run in 'demo ' mode meaning they will fade-out every 45 seconds.

BUT the cool thing is, all the chains you construct for your VST plug-ins and VST instruments as presets and that are saved are available for later use. And if or when you decide to get the FULL version they will be there waiting for you.

The FULL version will load all your VST format plug-ins from any manufacturer into your ProTools.

Best Regards,

Nick
But it will load chains of other P&M plugins without the 45 second fade out?

Will it load other AAX plugins?

Lenovo P50: quad-core i7-6820hq, 64GB, 2TB SSD, Win 10 Pro / Protools Ultimate 2023.6 / HD|Native-TB
2018 MacBook Pro: six-core i9, 32GB, 1TB, Monterey / Protools Studio 2023.6, / DVS / DAR, L-ISA Studio

Home/mobile: Focusrite Red 8Pre+HD32R / Clarett 4Pre
Road/hotel: Roland OctaCaputre / Apogee One
Old 03-27-2015, 10:04 AM

Quote:
As long as you own them and they are registered

Quote:
VST only, I don't think Avid allows that

Hopefully Nick will clarify these points
Old 03-27-2015, 10:32 AM
Plug & Mix

Quote:

Hello JCBigler,

All the Plug and Mix residing on your computer will work without the 45 Second fade out.

The Chainer was developed to let those person who want to use VST or VSTi format plug-ins and instruments within their ProTools. As AAX is the native format of ProTools, they are not included as possible chain elements.

Best Regards,

Nick
- JOIN US ON FACEBOOK -
Old 03-27-2015, 10:35 AM

Just so I am clear in my little brain....
The included (3.3 bundled) CHAINER will let me chain all my P&M plug-ins, but will only let me chain VST plug-ins for 45 seconds)
The full version loses the 45 second VST fade out.

Yes?
OWC Express 4M2 (4 X 2TB)
Interface: Presonus Quantum
Presonus Faderport & Faderport 8
Black Lion Sparrow Mk2 A/D, FMR-RNP-RNC, MIDI Xpress 128
BM5A, KRK VXT4, Equator D5
2020 Macbook Pro 16GB RAM, 512GB SSD Audio(mobile rig)
Old 03-27-2015, 12:06 PM

Is this a version of the VST chainer module from Magma, with analysis and mix controls? It appears that way.
Old 03-27-2015, 01:36 PM

Does Chainer work as a wrapper for VST plugins if you are using the RTAS versions of the VIP bundle?
Old 03-27-2015, 02:25 PM

Nick, will you finally address it?

We're waiting for your real reply since yesterday on your P&M support forum.
AVID HD Native PCIe + HD OMNI; Digidesign 192 I/O (2x) & 96 I/O; Icon QCON Pro & QCON EX; Softube Console 1; NI Kontrol 25; Arturia SparkLE; UAD-2 Satellite DUO; UAD-2 PCIe DUO; Tascam DA-3000; TK Audio BC1-S; Warm Audio WA76; SSL XLogic Alpha Channel (x2); SSL X-PATCH; Lindell Audio 6X-500, 7X-500 & PEX-500 (all x2), lots of TCE & Lexicon reverbs; VintageMaker LittleOne 16/2 Summing Mixer; MUTEC MC3+ SmartClock; Mac Pro (2009) 8 Core 2.26; 24 Gb RAM; Pro Tools HD 12.8