Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Avid Pro Mixing General Discussion
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 12-24-2022, 11:55 PM

Default Re: automation doesn't follow fade dragging

My sole and only point is that most people see no bug with the current implementation, therefore is it not possibly reasonable that the "fix" is an additional feature implementation?

I'm nowhere saying your request should never get solved fortuitously for yourselves. The only point is the solution needs to be discussed. I asked some specific questions along lines of 'what do you expect?' and "what if you do this, what should happen?" because I was trying to understand.

I do work in post, not much in PT with music. I understand different users experiences are totally valid. If it IS true, as you say, and I'm not denying, then there is a behaviour of PT you wish had a different result.

If so few users are complaining, maybe for 90% or more, there literally is an expected function, not a bug. That doesn't mean I am saying your experiences are invalid. It is just to say that maybe there isn't a clear way to change the feature without making it "just work for 10% and now a buggy result for 90%". Hence me saying should there be a config option to deal with multiple expectations rather than disable function for most users.

If I see what you guys are saying matters, why not see the above also? It needs a solution, which is what I was getting at. Not a fight argument or denial. It's ok.
||software: Sonoma 14.2 | PT Studio 2023.12 | Ableton Live 11 | iZotope RX, Ozone, Neutron | Arturia Pigments | Auto-Tune | Dubler2 //
||system: iMac (Retina 5K, 27", 2020) 10-Core-i9 | 128GB-DDR4 | 5700-XT-16GB | OWC Thunderbolt Hub and Thunderbolt 3 Dock //
||devices: RME Babyface Pro FS | Focusrite Clarett 2Pre | some AT mics | SM58 | Ableton Push 2 | Sennheiser HD 600 HP // Onkyo TX-8220 SR
||automation: SoundFlow | Stream Deck+ | Keyboard Maestro | SteerMouse | MacOS Shortcuts //
Old 12-25-2022, 08:28 PM

There's nothing to discuss. This is a bug / broken feature that bothers most everyone in post every single day. Avid is aware. So nothing to debate, just a complaint every few months that its not fixed.

There's only one fix, to make it work again. There is an option for you if you don't like it. Turn Auto Follows Edit off.
Old 12-27-2022, 10:56 AM

With Automation Follows Edit turned on, moving a fade should work exactly like moving a whole clip with regards to underlying automation...but it doesn't.
Old 04-14-2023, 04:53 AM

Any update on this? How does it behave in the newest PT version?
(cannot test since we're not updating because of the Delay Compensation bug).
Old 04-14-2023, 06:39 AM

Not fixed.

It's best to adapt your workflow to the current situation and hope the bug is reverted by mistake at some point.
Old 06-21-2023, 02:14 AM

....and again not fixed in 2023.6

this is getting absolutely ridiculous.
Old 07-12-2023, 08:48 AM

Does anyone from Avid read these posts? This "bug" is surely pretty embarrassing?! For anyone in Post it renders Pro Tools unreliable because if you forget that there's this stupid "bug" then it makes a mess of all your automation and makes editors look like amateurs. FIX IT NOW!!!!
Old 08-04-2023, 12:55 AM

...bump...

Really a pitty!
Could we please have that fixed?

Best
Maik