Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 2020

Old 09-17-2020, 08:08 AM

Default Re: Ilok License Manager doesn't see my licence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by originalscottyg View Post
Not to hijack this thread, but there is something I noticed when helping a friend out with her Pro Tools license. If one puts their email address instead of their iLok ID into the iLok ID field when registering a Pro Tools license on Avid's site, then Avid or Pace creates an iLok account with that email address as the ID. (At least that's what seemed to happen to this particular friend)

I can see how this might be helpful for somebody that hasn't setup an iLok account yet, but for someone that already has an iLok account with their iLok already registered to that existing account, having a second iLok account is very unhelpful and then requires either contacting Avid to have them move the license to the correct account, or deactivating their iLok from the old account and registering to the new account, which is a problem if that user already has plugins or other licenses in the old account.

It seems like it would be less work for Avid to send an email saying "The iLok ID you have entered doesn't exist. Would you like us to create an account with that ID?" than to have to constantly field support requests to move the licenses between accounts.
I've been asking for this as well.

Formerly hobotom

Pro Tools Ultimate 2024 HDX Hybrid
HD Omni and 192 I/Os
Windows 10
Intel Hexcore i7
All Samsung Pro SSDs
Ampex MM1200 2" 24 trk tape
Outboard: UREI, Eventide, Lexicon, Yamaha, TC Electronics, Orban, ART, EchoAudio, Dolby, Hughes, API, Neve, Audio Arts, BBE, Aphex, Berringer, MOTU, dbx, Allison, etc.
Plug-ins: Too many to talk about.

www.metrostudios.com
Old 09-17-2020, 08:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigiTechSupt View Post
Thanks for looking in to this, James!

Hi Gautier,

Upon checking your license is still deposited and have not yet been activated. You might be using an incorrect iLok ID hence you're not seeing your licenses. Please use your EMAIL ADDRESS registered with Avid as your iLok ID to SIGN IN on your iLok Account using the iLok License Manager then let us know if you're still unable to see your licenses.

(Your Email address seems to be the one registered as your iLok ID during the process and not any other iLok IDs)

Thank you,
-Tope
Hi,

If i understand you correctly that's inaccurate. My avid account is relative to my email address "[email protected]", which is also my email address relative to my ILok account, but ! My ILok ID is "gaut20". (And no i don't have two ILok account i check.)
So, the first time i enter my ILok ID on my Avid account, i made a mistake by putting my email address "[email protected]" (which was still my email address relative to my ILok account), but it was pointed to me that it will be maybe the cause of my issue, so, i rectify yesterday the problem on my Avid account by replace that by my correct ILok ID which is "gaut20".
But, it still doesn't work.

And no i can't use my email address to "sign in" in ILok License Manager it specifically demand the User ID it doesn't work if i put my email address.

Am i missing something important or very obvious here ?

Thanks for your understanding,

Gautier
Mémoire 16 Go 2667 MHz DDR4
UAD Apollo Twin
2 Focal Shape 55
Old 09-17-2020, 08:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by originalscottyg View Post
Not to hijack this thread, but there is something I noticed when helping a friend out with her Pro Tools license. If one puts their email address instead of their iLok ID into the iLok ID field when registering a Pro Tools license on Avid's site, then Avid or Pace creates an iLok account with that email address as the ID. (At least that's what seemed to happen to this particular friend)

I can see how this might be helpful for somebody that hasn't setup an iLok account yet, but for someone that already has an iLok account with their iLok already registered to that existing account, having a second iLok account is very unhelpful and then requires either contacting Avid to have them move the license to the correct account, or deactivating their iLok from the old account and registering to the new account, which is a problem if that user already has plugins or other licenses in the old account.

It seems like it would be less work for Avid to send an email saying "The iLok ID you have entered doesn't exist. Would you like us to create an account with that ID?" than to have to constantly field support requests to move the licenses between accounts.
Hi Scott,

I miss you post but it will maybe help me. I have a question, if Avid create a new ILok account with your current email address as ID, what email address is relative to this new account ? And same for the password ? How did you particular friend know ?

Thanks a lot for sharing your experience,

Gautier
UAD Apollo Twin
2 Focal Shape 55
Old 09-17-2020, 10:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gautier View Post
Hi Scott,

I miss you post but it will maybe help me. I have a question, if Avid create a new ILok account with your current email address as ID, what email address is relative to this new account ? And same for the password ? How did you particular friend know ?

Thanks a lot for sharing your experience,

Gautier
I am now trying to remember more closely whether Avid/Pace actually created the second iLok account automatically, or whether my friend created it after Avid deposited the license into a "phantom" (non-existent) iLok account.

Either way, the second iLok account used the email address AS the ID, but was still tied to the same email address.

For example... (names made up to protect the innocent, lol)
The original iLok account was ID: johndoe and was registered to "[email protected]"

[John] entered "[email protected]" into the iLok ID field when registering on Avid's site.
The license was deposited into a second iLok account ID: "[email protected]" which was also registered to the email address "[email protected]".

I honestly can't remember if [John] went and created the iLok account ID: "[email protected]" after realizing that he entered the wrong thing into the Avid registration site, or if that iLok account was created automatically by Avid or Pace.

Either way, the user should be notified that they entered an invalid or non-existent iLok ID, rather than having their license float around in limbo, or be deposited into a second new iLok account.
Old 09-19-2020, 10:23 PM

Default Re: iLok License Manager doesn't see my licence

<< (And no i don't have two ILok account i check.)>>

Now, you have TWO iLok accounts:
iLok account - gaut20
Name - Gautier Seguin
Email - [email protected]
pasw - Unknown, sorry ))

iLok account - [email protected]
Name - Gautier Seguin
Email - [email protected]
pasw - The same pasw, your Avid account

Check it! )))))))))))))))))
Old 09-21-2020, 03:58 PM

Hi, i came here to give some news.

So, at first, i thought i didn't have a second ILok account with "[email protected]" because the login fail with my Avid password.

But ! I tried to simply change the password of the ILM account with "[email protected]" as ID, and it works. It's silly and simple, but I didn't think of doing that until now.
For some reason the password of my second ILok account created automatically by Avid wasn't the same password than my Avid account.

So now, i simply register my Protools Permanent License from this account to the cloud, and register my others licence from the first account on my old physical Ilok. Not ideal but it works.

Thank you all for taking the time to answer me !

Subject close for me
UAD Apollo Twin
2 Focal Shape 55
Old 09-27-2020, 09:24 PM

I just upgraded to Protools 2020, and am having the same license issues. I don't think I created another account accidentally (iLok had no record of another account), but I have the same issues.

This is bizarre, everything seems to be synced and working, but I cannot get past the license window.
Old 10-05-2020, 12:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by davenav View Post
I just upgraded to Protools 2020, and am having the same license issues. I don't think I created another account accidentally (iLok had no record of another account), but I have the same issues.

This is bizarre, everything seems to be synced and working, but I cannot get past the license window.

If you have the license on your iLok and it’s not working, drag the license back to your account, refresh/resync the iLok, and then put the license back on the iLok.

Mac Studio, 64GB RAM, 1 TB SSD, Glyph 2TB USB3 HDD, OWC drive dock, Mac OS Monterey 12.6.8

Pro Tools Ultimate 2023.9, HD Native, Focusrite Red 8Pre

Presonus Faderport, Pro Tools | Control
Old 10-05-2020, 08:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top Jimmy View Post
If you have the license on your iLok and it’s not working, drag the license back to your account, refresh/resync the iLok, and then put the license back on the iLok.

Using the latest version of iLok License Manager, this way works OK:
(1) Deactivate license
(2) Reactivate license
(3) Synchronize iLok
Pro Tools Studio 2024.3 * SSL UC-1 * Digidesign Command 8 * TECH 21 SansAmp 2.0 * Xvive U3 2.4Ghz Wireless Microphone * Shure SM57 & Rode NT2-A * Fender 30 & Champ 12 valve amps * M-Audio Axiom Pro 49 * PreSonus Speakers & Monitor Station V2 * Lenovo W520 laptop Type 427637U (32 GB RAM) with extra-Ports Dock + SSDs: 2 @ Samsung T5 + 1 @ Samsung T7 * 3 Screens: 15.6” Laptop + 24” BENQ GL2450-B + Samsung 27” CT550 curved Monitor * best Wife!
Old 01-29-2022, 05:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by unkJE View Post
Using the latest version of iLok License Manager, this way works OK:
(1) Deactivate license
(2) Reactivate license
(3) Synchronize iLok
this works with 12.5