Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Pro Tools | MTRX & MTRX Studio
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-23-2020, 02:27 PM

Default MTRX 8-channel card not showing in Pro Tools

I just installed a 3rd MTRX 8-channel preamp card (in addition to the two 8-channel preamp cards already there), and it's showing up in the DADman software, but in ProTools it still reads as a MTRX 16x16, when it should be 24x16. Not seeing the extra 8 channels as available in I/O.
Any help appreciated.
Old 01-23-2020, 03:20 PM
Avid

Default Re: MTRX 8-channel card not showing in Pro Tools

Greetings.

I'm not sure what your particular system configuration is, however, I would recommend setting your Port Emulation to MTRX 32x32. If you are, for example, connected to a single HDX card you would configure as follows:

CONF tab in DADman: (Pro Tools HD / DigiLink)
PHD Mode: 2xPrimary
Port 1 Emulation: MTRX 32x32
Port 2 Emulation: MTRX 32x32

This would allow you to route in and out of the DADman patchbay to and from Pro Tools with 64 channels of DigiLink.

Pro Tools doesn't automagically know how many and what type of IO cards you have populated into your MTRX - only that there are X total DigiLink spigots coming in and out of the HDX or HDN engine cards.

Hope this helps.

best,

Jeff
MTRX FAQ
Old 01-23-2020, 04:50 PM

Thanks Jeff. My setup is Pro Tools HD Native, and I'll never use more than 8 Dante channels, so would it be better as this?

Digilink mode: Pri/Exp
Port 1 emil. MTRX 32x32
Old 01-23-2020, 05:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SomeOtherGuy View Post
Thanks Jeff. My setup is Pro Tools HD Native, and I'll never use more than 8 Dante channels, so would it be better as this?

Digilink mode: Pri/Exp
Port 1 emil. MTRX 32x32
If you don't have any other interfaces, you can set it to Pri/Pri and both ports to MTRX 32x32 –*then you have 64 I/O to play with.
Old 01-23-2020, 05:04 PM

Will do, thanks!
Old 04-16-2023, 04:24 AM

Not sure if the problem was solved long ago… but I had the same situation and had to connect Pro Tools to the 3rd Mic/Line card by going to Pro Tools / Setup / Midi and adding a 3rd Midi connection between Pro Tools and the MTRX. This is the standard procedure also explained in the manual. If you don‘t do this, Pro Tools will simply not see the extra card.