Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 09-12-2000, 06:18 PM

Default brand new G4/001 - ProTools le freezes

i only have the single processor, but....

your advice worked for me... took 15 minutes, but then was fine... all other audio apps (peak, reaktor, cubase, etc) check in fine also.

thanks loads

[This message has been edited by lsr1 (edited September 15, 2000).]
Old 09-13-2000, 03:40 AM

Default Re: brand new G4/001 - ProTools le freezes

G'day, Is your new machine a Dual Processor machine? If so maybe I can help.

I bought a new G4-450 Dual Processor about 4 days after they were released. I bought it purely for using with the Digi001.

I had the same problem. As you launch Pro-Tools, it would simply hang.

After many, many frustrating emails back and forth with Digi-Tech-Support people. One guy suggested one thing that worked.

When you launch the Pro-Tools LE application and it freezes, just leave it alone. It could take up to an hour or more to do anything.
(Mine actually took about 15-20 minutes)

He told me that it was a problem with the copy protection. After this period of time, it will then ask you for your serial number etc.

When I did this, it took about 20-mins, then it asked me for the D-verb authorisation code. Then it froze, I rebooted and launched Pro-Tools again, then it asked for my serial number. etc.etc.

After a few reboots, I got it to work.

I've now been using my system for about 12hours a day, 5-6 days a week.

IT ROCKS !!!!

(Touch Wood)

What I find weird, is that the compatibility section on this site says that the Dual processor qualifications have been completed, contact your Digidesign rep. for information regarding this. Now my rep has heard NOTHING from digi regarding this matter at all.

Anyway, it works for now, that's all that really matters I suppose.

Feel free to drop me an email if you've got any questions.

Hope I've helped in some way.

Of course, if your machine ISN'T a dual processor machine, then just ignore all that stuff above.

Seeya, Matt.