Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support


Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Post Production > Post - Surround - Video

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old 05-11-2009, 08:35 PM
mfranken's Avatar
mfranken mfranken is offline
Sounds In Sync
 
Join Date: Apr 2000
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 295
Default EdiPrompt - New app for cueing Actors/Foley artists

Hi all,

Here's a new mac application for ADR or Foley recordists/editors.

EdiPrompt overlays visual prompts, text, counters or streamers from Pro Tools on top of a movie window (compatible with Apple desktop displays only). It also automates the ADR and foley recording process when using Pro Tools 7.0 and above.

New to version 1.1.0:

- Automatically generate A/V cues when PT plays or records
- 'Hot Keys' to rename the Pro Tools record track(s) using a region name or set a pre-record locate
- New Play and Record 'Hot Keys' added to only play A/V cues when previewing and recording

A demo can be downloaded from here.


Regards,

Mark
__________________
Mark Franken, MPSE
Dialogue editor/supervisor IMDb
Creator of 'EDI' applications for sound post editors
www.soundsinsync.com
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 05-12-2009, 05:19 AM
clusterer clusterer is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: vienna
Posts: 575
Default Re: EdiPrompt - New app for cueing Actors/Foley artists

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfranken View Post
Hi all,

Here's a new mac application for ADR or Foley recordists/editors.

EdiPrompt overlays visual prompts, text, counters or streamers from Pro Tools on top of a movie window (compatible with Apple desktop displays only). It also automates the ADR and foley recording process when using Pro Tools 7.0 and above.

New to version 1.1.0:

- Automatically generate A/V cues when PT plays or records
- 'Hot Keys' to rename the Pro Tools record track(s) using a region name or set a pre-record locate
- New Play and Record 'Hot Keys' added to only play A/V cues when previewing and recording

A demo can be downloaded from here.


Regards,

Mark

hi,

this could turn into a good alternative to voiceq adr; at least for me as our budget isn´t too big for such software. great app!
__________________
G. Rasek - recording engineer - www.overdub.at - european VO talents via source-connect - PTHD
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 05-12-2009, 06:05 AM
MIKEROPHONICS's Avatar
MIKEROPHONICS MIKEROPHONICS is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: CRANLEIGH (gateway to the Surrey Hiils), UK
Posts: 2,095
Default Re: EdiPrompt - New app for cueing Actors/Foley artists

Great software - but I am a slave to my MOJO
any chance of a future solution for composite video users?

cheers
__________________
cheers

Mike Aiton BSc (hons)
Audio Consultant, Dubbing Mixer/Sound Designer & Journalist

BAFTA member
IPS member

----------------------------------------------------------------------
www.mikerophonics.com
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 05-12-2009, 10:12 AM
kptkarl kptkarl is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: LA, Karlofornia
Posts: 206
Default Re: EdiPrompt - New app for cueing Actors/Foley artists

would this or could this be made to work with the Video out PCIe option using Black Magic?
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 05-12-2009, 04:54 PM
mfranken's Avatar
mfranken mfranken is offline
Sounds In Sync
 
Join Date: Apr 2000
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 295
Default Re: EdiPrompt - New app for cueing Actors/Foley artists

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIKEROPHONICS View Post
Great software - but I am a slave to my MOJO. any chance of a future solution for composite video users?
Quote:
Originally Posted by kptkarl View Post
would this or could this be made to work with the Video out PCIe option using Black Magic?
Sorry it can only display overlays on an Apple desktop display - it won't work with a Mojo or the Video out PCIe option using Black Magic.

You can use a DVI to composite video adapter, but this of course doesn't have the resolution or sync reliability as the options you list.

Alternatively you can use EdiPrompt to automate the recording of ADR and foley (to control PT) in conjunction with one of the following hardware devices to display streamers over a composite video feed:

Colin Broad - VS-1
CueLine - ProCue 1M1


Regards,

Mark
__________________
Mark Franken, MPSE
Dialogue editor/supervisor IMDb
Creator of 'EDI' applications for sound post editors
www.soundsinsync.com
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Anyone using Ediprompt ? simon mog Post - Surround - Video 2 11-23-2010 08:18 PM
Searching for Freelance Foley Artists Eric L Post - Surround - Video 1 10-29-2005 01:32 AM
Any voice actors around? vocalvoodoo 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac) 24 10-08-2002 07:34 AM
Voice actors? vocalvoodoo 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win) 4 09-23-2002 06:13 AM
Foley Artists Heeeeelp... nadman Tips & Tricks 10 03-30-2001 12:11 AM


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:45 PM.


Powered by: vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2008, Jelsoft Enterprises Limited. Forum Hosted By: URLJet.com