Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > ProControl, Control|24, Command|8

Old 01-19-2009, 11:08 PM

Default C8 Follows Link Track Selection in Edit/Mix window

Call me blind - though does anyone know if there is a preference setting or something where by C8 "Follows Link Track & Edit Selection in Edit/Mix window" and nudges/banks to the track you select in the edit window or even the mix window. For that matter can i EVEN do this between edit and mix windows in tools ex the c8 as i have a dual monitor setup?

Sooooo say i have 80 trks in a session and i am looking @ the edit window. The "Link trk and Edit selction" button is highlighted in the top LHS of screen. If i am currently selected @ Trk1 in the edit window and the C8 is there with me @ Trk1 (and for that matter the mix window is @ trk1 to) ... now with my mouse in the edit window i scroll down to trk80 and select it by placing my cursor in the timeline or on the name of the track - the mix window stays put as does the c8 (be kool if it didn't - be most kool if it scrolled to trk80 with me)

if i want to control trk 80 with the c8 i have to hit the bank and "R" button about 10 times to get there .... in the mix window i have to scroll right - also i know of the scroll to trk (command+option+F = mac) & right clicking on the trk & "scroll to view function" - i just want to get there quicker by clicking my cursor in the edit window - 1 step .... mmmm .... too much to ask for ... mmm??

anyone any hints PLEASE!!! ....

It'd be great if you could focus the c8 so that on doing this faders 4 or 5 become your "Selected trk" as would it be for the mix widnow to "snap to centre of the screen" or similar to what it does for the current "scroll to functions"

maybe this could be a new feature??
Old 01-19-2009, 11:27 PM

Default Re: C8 Follows Link Track Selection in Edit/Mix window

Hold down:

control+shift+click on "track 80" (the name of the track)

•2019 Mac Pro 3.5 GHz 8-Core Intel Xeon W - 48 GB 2666 MHz DDR4 (OS 10.15.5) •HD Native PCIe, HD Omni, 192 I/o, Pro Tools Ultimate •Avid S3 + Dock •Blackmagic Intensity Pro (HDMI) •5.1 Room with JBL LSR4300 series

Additional Systems

•2010 Mac Pro 2 x 2.66 GHz 6-Core Intel Xeon - 48 GB 1333 MHz DDR3 (OS 10.14.6) •HD Native PCIe, 192 I/o, 96 I/o, Pro Tools Ultimate •McMix (x4), McControl (x1), JLCooper Surround panner for D-Command ES, Avid Control •Blackmagic Intensity Pro (HDMI) •7.1.4 Room with JBL LSR4300 series

•2017 MacBook Pro 2.8 GHz i7 - 16 GB 2133 MHz LPDDR3 (OS 10.14.6) •HD Native TB, HD Omni, Pro Tools Ultimate •McMix (x1), McControl (x1), Avid Control * or * D-Command ES Main Unit •Fed into whichever system is the main system
Old 01-20-2009, 08:44 PM

Default Re: C8 Follows Link Track Selection in Edit/Mix window

pretty damn good man ... thanx i like - i like a lot!!! it doesn't take the cursor there but its a nice 1 step - any other tricks as to a hot key for right clicking trk name "scroll to view" and being very fussy here though do you know if i can focus the trk i select to the middle of the screen in a preference?

cheers to ya

rob