Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 04-18-2005, 02:27 PM

Default Exporting summed mono files from region list

Hi All,

I've been trying to take a stereo region on a stereo track with a different mic assigned to each channel and "sum" it into one mono .aiff file.

Problem is when I do an export (ctrl-shift-k), and select mono, the result is two separate mono files for the 1eft and right channels (i.e. filename.r and filename.l). What I want is a single mixed-down or summed mono file from the stereo original..

I don't want to Bounce to Disk as that takes much longer to accomplish.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks,
er3456
Old 04-18-2005, 06:40 PM

Default Re: Exporting summed mono files from region list

AS far as I know, as soon as you are altering audio, either by editing or using a plugin or any mixing, Protools only does it in the real-time 'Bounce to disc' mode. Export will create an interleaved audio file of a .L/.R region pair, but not with any effects or edits (except for the selection edit); this is not really an edit, but is a sort of file conversion.