Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Avid S1, S3, Dock and Control App

Old 07-02-2020, 07:26 AM

Default avid control tutorial (for tablet)

Anyone know of any resources to learn what the avid control app has to offer when connected to an s1? I feel like there's so much here that I'm not utilizing and the s1 manual doesn't seem to have any info
Old 07-02-2020, 08:29 AM

Default Re: avid control tutorial (for tablet)

I don't think there are alot of resources yet. One thing I would really focus on is customizing softkeys and preferences to make AC and S1 work for you.

Id start by creating your own custom softkeys page in AC of the things you use most. Ive done this and AC lower softkeys are parked on this page. This way I dont have to menu around at all.

Second, on the "General" tab in Eucon prefs, the box for "Attention Most Recently Clicked DAW Area". This controls the interaction between your surface and PT. Check "Plugins". Now when you click a plug it will populate the channel page on AC. Etc.

Last, try messing with the Eucon settings "Open Windows on Workstation When Knobs Assigned From DAW Click." By default this is set to Avid Control as described above, but you can change it to "Channel Mode Knobs". Now when you click a plugin, it will populate your S1 knobs.

Hope this helps a little.

Last edited by Lynn Gräber; 07-02-2020 at 08:40 AM.
Old 07-02-2020, 08:50 AM

I just saw the Avid Control Guide on this EuControl Product Guides page, but haven't reviewed it yet...
Old 07-02-2020, 09:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by taylor4814 View Post
I just saw the Avid Control Guide on this EuControl Product Guides page, but haven't reviewed it yet...
This is exactly what I was looking for, spot on! Thank you!
Old 07-02-2020, 09:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynn Gräber View Post
I don't think there are alot of resources yet. One thing I would really focus on is customizing softkeys and preferences to make AC and S1 work for you.

Id start by creating your own custom softkeys page in AC of the things you use most. Ive done this and AC lower softkeys are parked on this page. This way I dont have to menu around at all.

Second, on the "General" tab in Eucon prefs, the box for "Attention Most Recently Clicked DAW Area". This controls the interaction between your surface and PT. Check "Plugins". Now when you click a plug it will populate the channel page on AC. Etc.

Last, try messing with the Eucon settings "Open Windows on Workstation When Knobs Assigned From DAW Click." By default this is set to Avid Control as described above, but you can change it to "Channel Mode Knobs". Now when you click a plugin, it will populate your S1 knobs.

Hope this helps a little.
Big help, thank you!