Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > General Discussion & Off Topic > General Discussion
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 06-16-2010, 02:52 PM

Default Score editor - notes don't match MIDI

Hey -

I have a line in my song where I have a note that starts on the "a" of 4 and is carried over to the next measure (see fig 1). I have quantized note on and off values for all these notes. The problem is, in the score editor, it doesn't reflect this same duration (see fig 2). Instead, on the "a" of 4, there is a 16th rest, and then the note begins on beat 1 of the next measure. I tried using the trim tool to extend the duration of the note in the score editor, but it does nothing but start adding a bunch of rests.

Any ideas?

Thanks.
Old 06-16-2010, 11:44 PM

Default Re: Score editor - notes don't match MIDI

With Simple Time Grouping try a Tie.
Old 06-17-2010, 08:20 AM

Okay. I'm not exactly sure what "Simple Time Grouping" means. I did a search in the Pro Tools Reference Guide for that, as well as just "Time Grouping" and came up with nothing.

What I did try was just manually entering a 16th note where the rest was, in the score editor, and what happened was that it automatically created a tie with the note in the next measure. So, I achieved my desired result in the score, however, when I went back to the MIDI editor, there were now 2 notes that were starting on that beat. One of them was the original note value, and the second one was the new 16th note that I had created in the score editor.

This seems like it's just a bug that needs to be worked out for future versions of the score editor.
Old 06-17-2010, 10:41 PM

4/4 (Simple Time) needs groups of four to the value of crotchet (Quarter Note).