Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Live Sound > VENUE Live Sound Systems

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-22-2021, 04:06 PM

Default Recording live show w/ Venue-PT record chase time code

I have been using a Pro Tools HD system to record live shows and have been getting clock and smpte from video. I am looking to switching to an S6L to be my front end instead of racks of mic preamps.
Since I can't use my Sync IO since it communicates through the HDX cards how can I get my pro tools recording to chase?
Smpte to MIDI device is the only option I can think of. Absolute novice to the S6L and it will be for recording only. Don't need to mix or trigger snapshots etc. Just need the audio files to be time stamped the same as the video.