How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Tips & Tricks

Old 09-16-2014, 02:59 AM

Default Re: Help on a Delay Effect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenjb View Post
Yes, If you own it you can get the AAX Beta. I believe they are all working fine as far as I've read.

http://www.valhalladsp.com/aax-request-form
Thanks for that Glenjb

As far as doing exacly the same with reverberate - Can't comment on that as we don't have it nor tried it.

With the Valhalla it is just simple and awesome somehow

And as far as Stutter edit - old softwarw and even though we bought it the day it came out it has never stayed in any production we have done. It "dates" the song and it is hard to get a good sound from,

As far as the "smooth stuttering" in the song Donald linked to - I can do that with Echoboy and make it Great! And even use the Chrystalizer as it has presets that will do the same effect without being Captain Obvious

Stutter is hard and clunky and i doubt he uses that at all. Too old. When BT did that I was still listening to tehcno.

Christopher

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————
Old 09-16-2014, 05:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam C View Post
I have both and in my opinion Reverberate will do everything Shimmer can and more. And Reverberate has feedback on the delay page, I believe.
Yes, it does. That's what I meant by doing in a slightly different way. Reverberate isn't just a convo reverb with a few tweak knobs, its a very sophisticated convo/algorithmic hybrid with LOADS of controls, routing options, and such. Here's a nice little 'show and tell' review.

Old 09-16-2014, 05:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southsidemusic View Post
Thanks for that Glenjb

As far as doing exacly the same with reverberate - Can't comment on that as we don't have it nor tried it.

With the Valhalla it is just simple and awesome somehow

And as far as Stutter edit - old softwarw and even though we bought it the day it came out it has never stayed in any production we have done. It "dates" the song and it is hard to get a good sound from,

As far as the "smooth stuttering" in the song Donald linked to - I can do that with Echoboy and make it Great! And even use the Chrystalizer as it has presets that will do the same effect without being Captain Obvious

Stutter is hard and clunky and i doubt he uses that at all. Too old. When BT did that I was still listening to tehcno.

Christopher
No, I don't even own StutterEdit.

I appreciate all the feedback and suggestions from everyone. I don't think I'll get Shimmer as I have Reverberate which seems to do all that Shimmer does and more as far as I can tell. Echoboy and Chrstalizer I need to check out as I haven't really looked at either. There's just TOO much of this stuff out there!

As I recall, the Soundtoys plugs are great...but a bit pricey!!! I have Microshift from them, but that's all I have of theirs. And I don't know that Chrystalizer is all that different from what Camel Phat and CamelSpace from Camel audio can do...and then some! And I have those.

Old 09-16-2014, 11:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southsidemusic View Post
And as far as Stutter edit - old software and even though we bought it the day it came out it has never stayed in any production we have done. It "dates" the song and it is hard to get a good sound from,

Stutter is hard and clunky and i doubt he uses that at all. Too old. When BT did that I was still listening to techno.

Christopher
I have never found it hard to get a good sound from it. I have used it on drum tracks, entire drum loops, and vocals. I never felt it dated my remixes. my remixes must be dated.

Chris

http://soundcloud.com/regenerationmix

http://twitter.com/regenerationmix

MacBook Pro, 2.4GHZ, 16GB, Intel Core i7, Mac OS 10.9.1 128 SSD internal HD, 750 GB Internal HD, Pro Tools 10.3.8, Digidesign 003r, Waves 8.0, Final Cut Pro 7
Old 09-16-2014, 06:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RegenerationMix View Post
I have never found it hard to get a good sound from it. I have used it on drum tracks, entire drum loops, and vocals. I never felt it dated my remixes. my remixes must be dated.

Chris
Speaking of your remixes, Chris...have you any new ones in past few months? I haven't checked your Youtube page in a while. I've liked your past stuff a lot!

Old 09-16-2014, 09:16 PM

no, ive been busy training to make the US Olympic Archery team. I will get back to making remixes soon.

Chris

http://soundcloud.com/regenerationmix

http://twitter.com/regenerationmix

MacBook Pro, 2.4GHZ, 16GB, Intel Core i7, Mac OS 10.9.1 128 SSD internal HD, 750 GB Internal HD, Pro Tools 10.3.8, Digidesign 003r, Waves 8.0, Final Cut Pro 7
Old 09-17-2014, 07:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RegenerationMix View Post
no, ive been busy training to make the US Olympic Archery team. I will get back to making remixes soon.

Chris
Really? Good luck!!!