Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 03-16-2001, 05:16 AM

Default Just hooked up to internet, go to laucne PT and error message pops up:\"INIT is req\"?

1. Protools was running smoothly.
2. I subscribed to Earthlink IP.
3. I had to make a change in Base 9: In control panel I enabled ARA server 3.5 and the 7 misc items that followed in that group, under the direction of Earthlink Tech support.
4. Then I went to TCP/IP control panel and changed setting to PPP, and "Using PPP server."
5. Now I can get on the internet with my G4, but can't get into Protools. When I try launching PT, the message "INIT is required" pops up, and dosn't allow me to start PT.
6. I don't understand, Please all informed, HHHEEELLLPPPPP!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-16-2001, 06:45 AM

Default Re: Just hooked up to internet, go to laucne PT and error message pops up:\"INIT is req\"?

That happened to me when I upgraded to OS 9.1. I ended up popping in the PT disk and reinstalling it.

[This message has been edited by maxcap (edited March 16, 2001).]
Old 03-16-2001, 07:56 AM

Default Re: Just hooked up to internet, go to laucne PT and error message pops up:\"INIT is req\"?

good morning

I am guessing Earthlink TS asked you to duplicate OS 9.x base correct?

That 'turned' off your digi inits + OMS. I would make sure they are 'on' ditto with all open transport stuff. Appletalk off.

I keep Microsoft Internet set 'off'. Stay clear of IE 5.5 for the moment, as it's OS-x native IMHO.

..and use Netscape.
Old 03-19-2001, 09:04 AM

I ran into the same problem. Got my new mac, powered up, ran fine. Then installed protools which ran fine. Realized many capabilities (Primarily Internet related) had been disabled through the PT install. Came to the DUC and figured out it all had to do with extensions.

Do a search on extensions and you should find some useful suggestions, including setting up a couple extension setups for your various uses. You need to restart each time you change set-ups, but that's not too bad.