Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > ProControl, Control|24, Command|8
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 03-18-2006, 08:26 AM

Default Control room pot noise?

Does anyone know if there is a there a known problem with the control room volume knob? I got one of the first ones out there and it pretty quickly got to the unusable stage. I've tried using the cleaner I use for normal console pots and it cleared up for a few minutes but then went right back to being scratchy.

I ended up just skipping it and using something else to handle the volume.... but now I'd like to get it fixed! Any suggestions?

Thanks!
Old 03-19-2006, 10:09 AM

Default Re: Control room pot noise?

This came up soon after the release of the C|8. A number of people commented on it in these forums. Mine was scratchy out of one monitor. I ended up having to send mine in for repair. You will probably need to contact Digi and talk to them about it.
Old 03-20-2006, 01:18 PM

thanks!
Old 04-10-2006, 03:05 PM

Did you reach Digi ? What's the word ?
Old 09-14-2007, 07:11 AM

Hi all

I got my C|8 used about a month a go. I'm experiencing this same problem with the volume pot being scratchy...really annoying noise in the very low range of the pot.
Any news about this issue? Being that my C|8 is used I'm not going to have any warranty, how did you manage to clean the pot up with the contact cleaner? Didi you open it up or spray it in directly from the outside?
And while we are at it. I'm doing a research, but didn't found that many answers, so, what's the general consensus about the quality of C|8's monitoring section? I feed it off from the stereo out of my Dangerous 2Buss LT, and I kind of feel the two outputs aren't really balanced, with the stereo image slightly straying to the left. This may be something else's fault (like the 002R's analog outs being not that much equal to each other), what's your thought on this?

Thanx

L.G.