Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)

Old 02-02-2006, 05:27 AM

Default Sony plug ins bug v7 upgrade

Hello Sony there seems to be a definate bug on your new V6 to 7 upgrades I checked your website no mention of a fix as far as I could see.

I have Ilok auths for dynamics and just like the inflator post here it keeps saying can't find the ilok. Sometimes a restart fixes it sometimes I have to reinstall the plug in if that fails and then it works again for a while. Also restoration has never worked despite having an auth on my ilok do I have the wrong version?

Ihave a dual 1.25 gig G4
2 gig Ram
Dual boot panther 10.3.8. or Tiger 10.4.3
HD 2 Accel

This is a consistant and repeatable problem

I love your plug ins and they are the mainstay of my mixing any news of a permanent fix?

Regards and keep up the good work.
Old 02-02-2006, 06:19 AM

Default Re: Sony plug ins bug v7 upgrade

Hey Sir Pucho,

what makes you think that Sony's reading this? Better write directly to Sony's support team...
Old 02-02-2006, 08:27 PM

I upgraded the Inflator for use with PT 7.0, but haven't had any problems with it.
Old 02-03-2006, 03:50 AM

This happens to me maybe once a week. Usually you can go ahead and load the session and then re-activate Sony plug-ins. If you don't know what should be active and not active this could be a problem.

STeve
Old 02-03-2006, 04:15 AM

Thanks for the patronising tone, why you having a bad day? Of course I will be emailing Sony, but I like to post this kind of info as then anyone else running similar plugs becomes aware of it and knows it's not just them. If I think I have a bug I always look to the DUC first to see if anyone else has it as its often more up to date than the plug in manufacturers info.i.e. I find it helpful when others do the same. See recent Massemburg 1.4 post. Why don't you go and patronise them as well?

For the record Sony people are often on the DUC and often post really usefull info like how to emulate certain real analogue dynamics like the SSL with the Sony plug in etc. They're really helpfull.
Old 02-03-2006, 07:28 AM

I've been wrestling with this since my upgrade as well. It turns out that it's not a Sony problem per se. It's a permission problem that this particular plug is very sensitive to. I went back and forth with Pace regarding this. You need to make sure that all of the volumes on your system have the proper permissions. Get info about every volume and make sure that the ownership and access settings are all the same and apply any changes you make to all of the contents of that volume.
Old 02-03-2006, 08:31 AM

Thanks Jan so far the only cure I had was a reinstall of the plug then it seems to work for a while have tried repairing permissions etc in disk utility.
Old 02-03-2006, 08:31 AM

Thanks Jan so far the only cure I had was a reinstall of the plug then it seems to work for a while have tried repairing permissions etc in disk utility.
Old 02-03-2006, 10:09 AM

I'm not suggesting repairing permissions or using disk utility. Please re-read my post.