Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 02-14-2010, 10:21 PM

Default Digi Core Audio Sample Rate Problem

I use Core Audio to play iTunes, Quicktime, and Safari Audio that doesn't use either (Flash, etc.) for reference.

Lately when I open any of these items, Core Audio will open at the wrong sample rate and I am unable to get it to change.

Example - I am in an HD session, running at 44.1, sync to external clock checked at 44.1. I close the session the 192's still indicate external synch at 44.1. I open quicktime to check an mp3 bounce and poof, the 192 switches to 48 K, shows external synch (which is at 44.1) and the whole sound is played back at lower than normal speed/pitch.

Any ideas how to correct this? Hardware setup is greyed out in Core Audio manager, but says 'connected at 48k'... Not right!

...J
(Digi 192, PT 803cs1, HD2 system, Mac Pro 2 x 2.66 Intel, 9 GB RAM, Sys 10.5.8)
Old 02-14-2010, 10:36 PM

Default Re: Digi Core Audio Sample Rate Problem

May have self-solved - deleted Core Audio prefs, and DAE folder...
(Pro Tools Pref and Database Helper)...
Works for now...

Any suggestions as to why it haywired would be appreciated. This is twice now that this has occurred.

Thanks...

...J
Old 04-19-2010, 03:18 AM

Yes I am having the same problem.

Hope someone can help.
Old 07-17-2013, 03:15 PM

Hi,
I just upgraded my Pro Tools to HD 9, OS 10.8.4. I'm running Rosetta 800's with X-HD cards. I am having this same problem. I work almost exclusively in 44.1K but when I try to use Digi Core Audio to play iTunes, it comes up saying I'm clocked at 48K, even though the Apogees still say 44.1K. I deleted all the prefs and this worked, but only for a couple of days.

Not sure if this is related, but also when I load a session in Pro Tools with a different sample rate, the Apogees will often not change with the session, and I have to reset the sample rate manually from the front panel, even though they are supposed to behave like virtual 192s. Deleting prefs also helped with this, but again only for a very short time. Now it's not working again.

Any overall fixes available, beyond deleting all my prefs every two days?

Thanks! - Steve
Old 07-18-2013, 03:07 AM

Are you sure 9 is fully compatible with this version of OSX?

Darryl Ramm
Old 07-18-2013, 03:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by innerbooty View Post
Hi,
I just upgraded my Pro Tools to HD 9, OS 10.8.4. I'm running Rosetta 800's with X-HD cards. I am having this same problem. I work almost exclusively in 44.1K but when I try to use Digi Core Audio to play iTunes, it comes up saying I'm clocked at 48K, even though the Apogees still say 44.1K. I deleted all the prefs and this worked, but only for a couple of days.

Not sure if this is related, but also when I load a session in Pro Tools with a different sample rate, the Apogees will often not change with the session, and I have to reset the sample rate manually from the front panel, even though they are supposed to behave like virtual 192s. Deleting prefs also helped with this, but again only for a very short time. Now it's not working again.

Any overall fixes available, beyond deleting all my prefs every two days?

Thanks! - Steve
Have you updated the firmware on your XHD card? The new one (3.00) makes PT think that the box is an Avid HD interface. That could fix any issues you are facing, and there's no harm as Avid HD interfaces were supported since 8.x

My Rosetta800 works perfectly, and the hardest part in firmware update is opening the box (lots of screws...)
Old 07-18-2013, 11:50 AM

Thanks, yeah, I actually tried to update the firmware for the two X-HD cards when I bought them, before I setup the system, but my MIDI interface failed the initial Apogee tests so I didn't run it. (Since discovered I needed a firmware update in the MIDI interface) So I'll try running that again.

But that wouldn't explain why the Digi Core Audio would always default back to 48K even though I'd been running Pro Tools at 44.1K, would it...? Could be the OS issue, because I know PT 9 is not officially supported on OS 10.8.

Thanks!