Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Artist Series

Old 04-21-2023, 04:40 PM

Default MC Control touchscreen artifacts

Just reporting this here in case it's useful.

I have an old (originally Euphonix branded) MC Control and MC Mix. It has latest firmware updates. I am running previous version of the EuControl software, 2022.9, because newer one caused strange color shift of soft keys on the touchscreen.

Anyway, I was changing screen resolutions on my primary monitor which is a 43" 4K Samsung TV connected to my Mac Studio via HDMI. At some point I looked down to see the screen on the MC Control get all weirded out. See the attachment.

Not sure what's going on. I quit and relaunched EuControl and that seemed to clear it up, but a little while ago I had EuControl freeze up, so I figured maybe rebooting after changing screen resolution might clear things up.

Just reporting here because I noticed that (almost counterintuitively) there seems to be a relationship between attached video displays and the touchscreen display. I say that because on occasion, I've booted my Mac Studio and had the buttons and controls that is clearly meant for the touchscreen actually appear on my Mac's primary video display.

Weird. Maybe this is helpful... perhaps not. Just posting.

(Oh... and excuse the nastiness on the surface. The rubberized finish Euphonix thought was such a good idea appears to break down over time and I'm in the midst of gradually removing it. I'm using a gum-remover type product on it, but may have to disassemble the unit and remove the top to clean the rest of it safely.)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg mccontroltouchscreen.jpg (51.8 KB, 0 views)
Old 04-24-2023, 10:28 AM
Avid

Default Re: MC Control touchscreen artifacts

You are correct. The displays on EuControl surfaces are drawn on the workstation in an off-screen window and then passed down to the surfaces. Changing the resolution live would cause the surface displays to change too.
Old 04-24-2023, 05:31 PM

Interesting. I actually found a photo I took of one of my boot up anomalies on my Mac Studio:

Old 05-05-2023, 07:33 AM

Same here. Went down to 2022.9 because it seems the most stable version atm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Steele View Post
Just reporting this here in case it's useful.

I have an old (originally Euphonix branded) MC Control and MC Mix. It has latest firmware updates. I am running previous version of the EuControl software, 2022.9, because newer one caused strange color shift of soft keys on the touchscreen.

Anyway, I was changing screen resolutions on my primary monitor which is a 43" 4K Samsung TV connected to my Mac Studio via HDMI. At some point I looked down to see the screen on the MC Control get all weirded out. See the attachment.

Not sure what's going on. I quit and relaunched EuControl and that seemed to clear it up, but a little while ago I had EuControl freeze up, so I figured maybe rebooting after changing screen resolution might clear things up.

Just reporting here because I noticed that (almost counterintuitively) there seems to be a relationship between attached video displays and the touchscreen display. I say that because on occasion, I've booted my Mac Studio and had the buttons and controls that is clearly meant for the touchscreen actually appear on my Mac's primary video display.

Weird. Maybe this is helpful... perhaps not. Just posting.

(Oh... and excuse the nastiness on the surface. The rubberized finish Euphonix thought was such a good idea appears to break down over time and I'm in the midst of gradually removing it. I'm using a gum-remover type product on it, but may have to disassemble the unit and remove the top to clean the rest of it safely.)