Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Pro Tools | MTRX & MTRX Studio
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 06-30-2021, 03:39 AM

Default Re: MTRX Studio HDX and Dolby Atmos Production Suite

Quote:
Originally Posted by uptheoctave View Post
I have the same switch (3 of them actually).
So it being qualified is good.
Is it configured properly?

Are you using DHCP?
What is serving DHCP to the network?
Is it your router?

I've found several problems coming from improperly configured routers feeding DHCP to the network via the switch.

There is about 100 different things I could ask you though and still not get the totality of the network like it would be if I was there.

If you are having networking issues then it might be best to start again with your network.
FIrst reset the network devices to their standard config and reconfigure the network from scratch.
Just start with the MTRX Studio and the Mac on the network plus the switch and whatever is serving DHCP to the network.
And I MEAN nothing else, if you have two network ports on your Mac, just use one.
Nothing else on it at all.

Then progressively add devices until it falls over.
Sound advice. To add to it, i would also completely nuke your network setting in system configurator in OSX so that you are starting fresh there too.
Pro Tools Ultimate 2024.3. OSX 13.6.5. Win 10. HD Native. Lynx AES16e. Lynx Aurora 16. i9-13900KF. ASRock Z690 Steel Legend. 64GB Ram. AMD Vega 64. BM Decklink. Dolby Atmos Renderer 5.2. Trinnov D-Mon. D-Command.
Old 07-06-2021, 09:08 PM

Ok I finally got this all figured out. My main issue was that I had some static IPs that for whatever reason were messing things up. Besides that I got a RedNet PCIeR Dante card. I set everything to DHCP, computer and MTRX. Once I did that I had solid connections everywhere and was able to run Atmos off my Hybrid engine with the DADMan Dante/Digilink patching. It's running incredibly smooth and system usage with Hybrid is at 8% compared to the DAB at 30%.
Old 07-07-2021, 03:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goombot View Post
Ok I finally got this all figured out. My main issue was that I had some static IPs that for whatever reason were messing things up. Besides that I got a RedNet PCIeR Dante card. I set everything to DHCP, computer and MTRX. Once I did that I had solid connections everywhere and was able to run Atmos off my Hybrid engine with the DADMan Dante/Digilink patching. It's running incredibly smooth and system usage with Hybrid is at 8% compared to the DAB at 30%.
Glad to hear you got it all working now.

Would you mind to post your system and connections of this working set up?

_
Old 07-07-2021, 03:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goombot View Post
Excellent news.
DHCP is recommended for most installations, as it minimises conflicts for most people, and requires less management.

Pleased you are up and running.
Old 09-30-2021, 01:02 AM

Following up on an old thread. I switched from DVS to a MOTU M64 MADI interface (connected to the MTRX). It sometimes loses sync which makes me a little nervous but, it's generally a lot more reliable and less latent than DVS. I'll try again if and when Audinate fix DVS to support the Mac Pro's 10Gbe adapter.