Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > FireWire & USB Audio Interfaces (Mac)

Old 10-10-2014, 04:18 PM

Default Fast track solo out of the box not working

Hi, All:

This will be my first post here.

Just bought a brand new FTS, that I just opened up about 2 hours ago. This because my old M-Audio just stopped working a couple of months back.

I work with garageband, although a few months back I got logix pro just to play with it.

Anyway, as far as I remember, using these little boxes was pretty much plug+pray. Select the input source, add track, monitor, good to go.

Thing is it didn't work. I get the sound from my guitar in the headphones, but the output on the computer is just a bunch of digital sound clicks. Maybe I'm going crazy, but just maybe I could hear a faint sound of my guitar in the back. Mind you output/input volume were all the way up, monitor was on on garageband and the sound bar barely moved. Correct input was selected to avis fast track solo.

This is an imac with mavericks, fast track solo and garageband.

Any idea what might be going on?

thanks,
c.