Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)

Old 02-27-2012, 01:15 AM

Default MBOX2PRO + Onboard Audio

I'm building a new PC right now but with my current PC, i have to go into device manager and disable/enable the Mbox driver if I want to go into Pro Tools.(otherwise i get no sound).

Supposedly this is because the mbox can only handle one application at a time however, when I'm already in Pro Tools I can use other applications like winamp or google chrome to listen to audio simultaneously. As annoying as this is I've gotten used to it.

What I'm thinking about doing with my new build is just getting a second pair of speakers for the onboard soundcard and keeping this pair of speakers just for the mbox2 output. The idea being not having to disable or enable any drivers at all.

Has anyone had a setup similar to this that could shed some light? Will it cause any conflicts? It's basically two soundcards with their own set of speakers.
Old 02-27-2012, 08:04 AM

Default Re: MBOX2PRO + Onboard Audio

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozzlvlosis View Post
What I'm thinking about doing with my new build is just getting a second pair of speakers for the onboard soundcard and keeping this pair of speakers just for the mbox2 output. The idea being not having to disable or enable any drivers at all.

Has anyone had a setup similar to this that could shed some light? Will it cause any conflicts? It's basically two soundcards with their own set of speakers.
Thats the way most PT users I know have it setup.
Sound from PT should go to dedicated Monitors for mixing, yet the sound from the PC is often mastered loud and of various quality deserving its own set of speakers.