Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-06-2007, 11:07 PM

Default usb midi device problem + protools LE mbox2 mini

Hi,

A few days ago a customer complained their USB midi device was not working, after hours of fault finding I discovered that protools and/or the mbox2 mini was the cause. After formatting the machine the USB midi worked great and the moment protools was installed with a mbox2mini the usb midi ceased to work or show up in any program.
I have since been able to reproduce this here on our own system. Uninstalling protools and mbox2mini does not solve the problem, once protools is installed the only way I have found to get the usb midi working again is to format windows.

I am using a ESI KC25 usb midi keyboard on a full intel chipset system with winxp, the keyboard is not using a 3rd party driver but the standard windows "USB AUDIO DEVICE" driver that is built into windows.

I have tried a different usb keyboard and usb to midi converter cable and everything suffers from this same conflict.

The mbox2 mini installs the mbox2 driver and must disable the midi features of windows or something similar so windows does not show up a midi drivers that the hardware does not have.

Please help me fix this as its something that I can reproduce on different systems.

Matthew Skinner
www.pcmus.com