Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)

Old 01-28-2009, 09:45 AM

Default PT 6.4.1 Mix & Access Virus..? (Red or Indigo)

Hey Guys,

I've been digging around the net trying to get a clear answer here. I just purchased and old Mix system and I can't seem to get the Virus running.
Reading through the Digi literature says Virus Indigo will work on my system so I've purchased the iLok asset and installed the plug but it wont launch. Do I need to purchase the old Virus red TDM plug and asset and if so where can this be downloaded? It seems the Virus Red compatibility info has vanished from Digi's sight?

Anyone using an old Mix system and running Virus with no issues..? And if so what am I missing that I should know to get this plug up and running.

Thanks for your time..!

Mac G4 dual 1.4.2 (PPC)
2 Gigs of Ram
OSX 10.3.9
PT 6.4.1 TDM
Old 01-29-2009, 01:50 PM

Smile Re: PT 6.4.1 Mix & Access Virus..? (Red or Indigo)

O.K...

So through a bit of trial and error I've found the solution to my Indigo problem.

I first installed Digi's Distributed plug-in installers, which includes Indigo. This was my problem. The Indigo included in Digi's Distributed plug-in installers will not work with PT 6.4.1 (Even though this is the plug they include on the compatibility page.) This installer is Indigo v2.8 and will not work with PT 6.4.1 Mix!

So after downloading and installing several different versions of the Indigo (Indigo v2.8, v8.2 & v8.3) the only version I got to work on my old TDM Mix system 6.4.1cs4 is Indigo v8.2

I hope this info will benefit others and lead you back to why we are all here… Making inspiring music and not tech-ing out software revisions.

Best regard.

P.S. Super Mad Props to DutchMuzik… The 3000 Indigo patches are mind blowing..!
Old 03-03-2009, 07:00 PM

Default Re: PT 6.4.1 Mix & Access Virus..? (Red or Indigo)

Where did you get this version 8.2? I tried to download both 8.0 and 7.x, but they won't install because I'm using Panther. How did you get the new versions of indigo to install on Panther? Or did you mean 2.8, which again, I cannot find. I have tried to install the version on the distributed plugins like you mentioned, and I have had no luck either. All I have is Indigo 2.0 for OS 9 and the license key, but I want to install it and authorize it in Panther for my 6.4.1. What do you suggest? Thanks.