Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 08-16-2000, 09:01 AM

Default How to send SMPTE from my Digi001 Rig???

I know there are numerous posts regarding this topic but I can't seem to find any that help me out.

Here's what I want to do:

I want to run a session off of my computer , audio tracks/ quicktime video etc. While I'm working on the session I want to be able to generate SMPTE and send it to another composers rig so that he can lock up his cubase sequence when I hit play on my system.

I have a G3 B&W 400Mhz/256MB RAM/PTLE 5.01/ MOTU MicroExpress USB Midi Interface.

I'm assuming I need to generate MTC in the computer, send it out of the Digi Midi Outs to the Micro Express where it will translate the MTC to SMPTE. (Is this thinking correct?) Then, once I have SMPTE I can output that from the MicroExpress to the external cubase rig.

In doing this, do I need to use Clockworks that came with the MicroExpress? Do I need to use the Digi Midi Outs at all? Many questions....I'm confused.

Any help will be greatly appreciated...especially from anyone using the same pieces of gear. Thanks in advance.

Steve

Cmon Iwilliam, gimme some love.

www.stephenshirk.com
www.pinknoise.com