Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Windows

Old 11-23-2012, 10:05 PM

Default Pro tools 10.3 does NOT import the exact track

Ive never seen this before.

I edit one spot on a guitar track toward the very end of song on my copy of song file.

I went back to original song file and imported this guitar track and I hear that its not the same track I just edit. As well as I can clearly see where I did the edit the track is not the exact same in length either. Something is wrong with pro tools 10.3

I have no idea how to make import track work properly.

Please help

Thank you
Old 11-23-2012, 10:13 PM

Default Re: Pro tools 10.3 does NOT import the exact track

Quote:
Originally Posted by shamanrock View Post
Ive never seen this before.

I edit one spot on a guitar track toward the very end of song on my copy of song file.

I went back to original song file and imported this guitar track and I hear that its not the same track I just edit. As well as I can clearly see where I did the edit the track is not the exact same in length either. Something is wrong with pro tools 10.3

I have no idea how to make import track work properly.

Please help

Thank you
Can you explain clearly what is going on?

What exactly is a "song file" You mean the Pro Tools session? Or a media file within a session? What file exactly?

What is the difference between your copy of the "song file" and the original "song file"? How exactly was "your copy" made?

Not the same track in what way? Not the same track you started with or the track was the same but the edits were not applied. Try to explain clearly what is going on.

How exactly are you exporting the track after edit and remimporting it again?

Sounds like you may simply be confused about the media asset associated with a track.

Darryl
Old 11-23-2012, 10:23 PM

Default Re: Pro tools 10.3 does NOT import the exact track

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darryl Ramm View Post
Can you explain clearly what is going on?

What exactly is a "song file" You mean the Pro Tools session? Or a media file within a session? What file exactly?

What is the difference between your copy of the "song file" and the original "song file"? How exactly was "your copy" made?

Not the same track in what way? Not the same track you started with or the edits were not applied at all. Try to explain clearly what is going on.

How exactly are you exporting the track after edit and remimporting it again?

Sounds like you may simply be confused about the media asset associated with a track.

Darryl
Hi Darryl

I recorded a song and saved it as my master song file and folder. I saved a copy of it on my other internal HD. I noticed I wanted to to lengthen two guitar tracks at the last 8 bars or so of the song. I did my edits on my (saved copy of the song) on my other internal HD. After I saved this. I closed this song file and opened my original master song folder and file. I imported these two session data guitar tracks from my copy file of this same song. I noticed it did not import the two guitar tracks I just did the edits on. Plus on purpose I left a fade edit on one guitar track to see if when I imported this session data guitar track this fade edit would be there and its not also. Plus I can clearly hear its not the track I just edit as well as I can clealy see the track I imported is not the same in length and the wave forms do match either. To be clear the wave forms match the whole song track except for this area I just worked on and made a edit as well as a fade edit.

Hi Darryl

I just figured out what happened.

I have a third internal HD for extra back up. When I imported those two guitar tracks it went to my 2nd back up drive and imported session data track from that song folder.

Wow what a trip.

Cant thank you enough for trying to help me. :)

Regards