Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)

Old 10-26-2004, 07:26 PM

Default Mix Plus 6.4.1 Assertion error in line 894

Was having OMF problems with 6.4.1 and went over to the cs1 update. OMF's are now cool but there is a new problem. When trying to "Save session copy in" ( a very important function) and "import session data" (also highly important) I am greeted with the following -

Could not complete your request because Assertion in "PTSess_Xchg.cpp", line 894.

My search is pulling up all kinds of things but nothing specific to these probs. Anyone having similar probs and a solution?

Thank you,
Woody

MAC 1.25 MDD
OS 10.3.4
PT MIX PLUS 6.4.1 cs1
Old 10-27-2004, 06:38 PM

Default Re: Mix Plus 6.4.1 Assertion error in line 894

I would try all the usual OSX troubleshooting stuff like trashing digi databases on drives, prefs, etc...

It sounds like your session is residing in a directory that's a little too far away from the root level of the drive, or one of the folder names contains an illegal character. I would try and move the session folder right to the root level and see if the problem persists...

Cheers
Old 10-30-2004, 11:57 AM

Default Re: Mix Plus 6.4.1 Assertion error in line 894

Hi -

Thanks, yes I've done the OS X dance. I think it's actually an OMF problem. The picture editor told me he was having problems creating the OMF for a half hour show. He ended up bringing me 5 OMF files for the project. My assistant opened one of the OMF'S in DT by referencing the OMF instead of copying from source media. The 5 OMF's were turned into one session for the edit and mix (4 of them were copied media, one referenced media) and I think when I tried to "save session copy" PT freaked out. Maybe. Re-did the one OMF as a copy of media, imported into the session and it was able to "save session copy" . Thanks for the response.

Best,
Woody

Quote:
I would try all the usual OSX troubleshooting stuff like trashing digi databases on drives, prefs, etc...

It sounds like your session is residing in a directory that's a little too far away from the root level of the drive, or one of the folder names contains an illegal character. I would try and move the session folder right to the root level and see if the problem persists...

Cheers