Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 08-21-2002, 04:21 AM

Default Demo Plug-ins

This may sound kinda lame but, does anyone know if the time limited demos supplied with 001 can be used again after the 15 days limit is up? Unfortunately, I can't afford to buy all the plug-ins that I use in the studio at work for my home setup! [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img] So I would like to use the freebies when I need them for home stuff. I've tried wiping them from my system drives and re-installing but they still come up as "expired" when I try to use them. Any suggestions???

Craig.
Old 08-21-2002, 04:44 AM

Default Re: Demo Plug-ins

Hey I know this isn't an exciting post but someone reply even if it's to give me some abuse for asking an dum ass question! Come on have a go.....! [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 08-21-2002, 05:09 AM

Initializing the hard drive is a solution (...)
Old 08-21-2002, 05:42 AM

Blutus,

Hey thanks for the reply! Are you serious though as initializing the hard drive would cause a serious amount of hassle, due to the fact that the plug-ins folder resides on the main system drive not on the audio drive. Surely there is someway of erasing all associated plug-in files and then re-installing them thus renewing the 15 day time limit?
[img]images/icons/confused.gif[/img]
Old 08-21-2002, 06:26 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Craig Golding:
Blutus,

Hey thanks for the reply! Are you serious though as initializing the hard drive would cause a serious amount of hassle, due to the fact that the plug-ins folder resides on the main system drive not on the audio drive. Surely there is someway of erasing all associated plug-in files and then re-installing them thus renewing the 15 day time limit?
[img]images/icons/confused.gif[/img]
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Hi Craig

I think you're missing the point. There's a time limit on them for a reason. I wish I could afford to buy all the plugs I wanted but I can't. Anyway, in my mind, trying to find a way to re-use demo's is only one step from using hacked software.
Old 08-21-2002, 06:53 AM

shuey100

Ok fair point, you're right, they're limited for a reason and being as I frown on people who copy CD's without buying them I ought to know better. [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]

Guess I should just count myself lucky that I can use the real plug-ins in the studio at work.

Thanks for your honest opinion though!

P.S Copied any CD's lately? [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
Old 08-21-2002, 08:12 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Craig Golding:
shuey100

Ok fair point, you're right, they're limited for a reason and being as I frown on people who copy CD's without buying them I ought to know better. [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]

Guess I should just count myself lucky that I can use the real plug-ins in the studio at work.

Thanks for your honest opinion though!

P.S Copied any CD's lately? [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">[img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

No I don't copy CD's. It really annoys me when people do, although I did start off in music using a cracked version of cubase..doesn't everyone? [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Not only should you count yourself lucky you can use plug ins in the studio, you should count yoursself lucky you work in a studio [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Me? I've got a normal job. [img]images/icons/mad.gif[/img]

Tell you what though, there are sooooo many fantastic plug ins out there that are free or really cheap. Just discovered these guys today
WOW

Anyway, sorry if I was a bit short.