Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Getting Started

Old 10-13-2022, 10:25 PM

Default Re: I bought iZotope RX Post Production Suite 7. Now your opinion is needed.

Darryl, I have a lot of thought in your second post. I already realized that this purchase was overkill, I would have had enough with RX10. However, I would not like to give up easily.
At the recording with iPhone, I meant recording with iPhone 14 Pro and a separate microphone. After post production to the sound I mean, I take the iPhone video and replace the iPhone audio with Tascam Portacapture X8 and Shure VP88 mic captured 32 bit audio.
This means that I will record both via iPhone and Portacapture X8. I would just change/swap the audio later with a better quality, 32 bit recording should give it. There is no plan to edit the video (at least I think so).
And I'm sorry if my wishes are too unusal or unprofessional.

audiolex1, thanks for the trick, I'll check it out in near future!
Old 10-14-2022, 07:22 AM

Default Re: I bought iZotope RX Post Production Suite 7. Now your opinion is needed.

The entire Izotope suite will work the same in Pro Tools Intro as it would on Pro Tools Flex. What you’re gaining with Flex are advanced Pro Tools features unrelated to plugin capability.

There is nothing to fear about losing any compatibility between Pro Tools tiers with this Izotope bundle.
Old 10-14-2022, 07:45 AM
Development Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by inspire View Post
Thank you to everyone who answered!
Michael Carnes, how can I run the plugins and use them inside RX10? I couldn't understand it. This is the main reason, why I am looking for DAW (to test all this iZotope RX Post Production Suite 7 bundle).
audiolex1 - can you tell about the versions? Pro Tools Flex - it is the most powerful and most expansive. Would this bundle work as well on Intro version (the cheapest). I fear, that not.
I would not want to test a full version for a month and then find out that everything works only with a full version.
You've got a list of modules in RX (on the menu at top). One of the utility modules (way down the list) is plug-in. Inside that module you can choose any of the available plugins in your system (restricted, I believe, to AU, VST, VST3). The plug-ins will appear in the same GUI they present elsewhere. But I do have to agree with virtually everyone else that this is the bass-ackwards way to approach this next level. It's convenient to have plugins in RX, but in general this is the wrong place in the workflow.

The suite you bought will allow you to get a lot done, but you really, really, really have to learn a DAW. The free Pro Tools is a good choice, but so are Reaper, Cubase, Studio One, Logic, etc. I'm not a fan of Apple's Garbage Band, but some people like it. You are nowhere near ready for a paid version of Pro Tools. You'll be overwhelmed with choices you don't need to make Set aside the Izotope suite for a while, find any of a zillion online groups, tutorials etc and get a handle on a DAW. Use whatever free plugins come with the DAW. Find free sessions on the web (such as Puremix) and work your way through. It's going to take you 2-6 months to begin to get a handle on it, but there really is no way around this. When you come back to the suite, you'll be in a position to appreciate the powerful tools you have.

You've unwittingly jumped into the deep end, but you can paddle your way into friendlier water. Then you can put your time in and you'll feel a lot less mystified. You can learn a lot lurking here on the DUC, but most of the folks here have been using these tools for years and aren't particularly qualified to help people just finding their way in.

Last edited by Michael Carnes; 10-14-2022 at 07:53 AM. Reason: clarity
Old 10-17-2022, 10:40 PM

Thank you for the tips, I found it now:
Modules -> Plug-in
there they really are!

I have a plan, what to do- I will take a Pro Tools Intro and REAPER 6 (discounted license)!
I have another questions now - if I want to try Pro Tools Flex, do I need two separate installations? (Pro Tools Intro & Pro Tools Flex).
And if I stop paying for Pro Tools Flex and I used it for a one month. And then after three month I want to use it again for a month, is the license renewal just going after payment, or is it a headache?

Yes, I can try a month at first with Trial, but then how, if I wish to use it occasionally. I am not so rich to pay for it as much as it costs (annual fee).
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Modules-Plug-in.jpg (69.4 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Insight.jpg (49.1 KB, 0 views)
Old 10-18-2022, 12:02 AM

Quote:
Modules -> Plug-in
there they really are!

I have a plan, what to do- I will take a Pro Tools Intro and REAPER 6 (discounted license)!
I have another questions now - if I want to try Pro Tools Flex, do I need two separate installations? (Pro Tools Intro & Pro Tools Flex).
And if I stop paying for Pro Tools Flex and I used it for a one month. And then after three month I want to use it again for a month, is the license renewal just going after payment, or is it a headache?

Yes, I can try a month at first with Trial, but then how, if I wish to use it occasionally. I am not so rich to pay for it as much as it costs (annual fee).
If you are learning from the start right now, Flex offers virtually nothing you will even know is there. Going with Intro or Artist is probably perfect. Learn. See what you need that will be more expensive later, when you can better understand the potential instead of go for most expensive, see if you can get everything learned in a month. Take your time on a gentler budget. Learning is much more important than expensive software features. You can do a lot on open source and more introductory software.
||software: Sonoma 14.2 | PT Studio 2023.12 | Ableton Live 11 | iZotope RX, Ozone, Neutron | Arturia Pigments | Auto-Tune | Dubler2 //
||system: iMac (Retina 5K, 27", 2020) 10-Core-i9 | 128GB-DDR4 | 5700-XT-16GB | OWC Thunderbolt Hub and Thunderbolt 3 Dock //
||devices: RME Babyface Pro FS | Focusrite Clarett 2Pre | some AT mics | SM58 | Ableton Push 2 | Sennheiser HD 600 HP // Onkyo TX-8220 SR
||automation: SoundFlow | Stream Deck+ | Keyboard Maestro | SteerMouse | MacOS Shortcuts //
Old 10-18-2022, 05:44 AM
Development Partner

Quote:
Modules -> Plug-in
there they really are!

I think you simply don't need Flex. If you have a short term license and let it go, you may well face reinstatement fees. Avid seems to rejigger their policies on this frequently. Flex is for those generally doing very large projects. Based on your original question, you're years away from needing anything remotely like that. There are serious professionals who'll never need anything beyond Artist; indeed, you should think of the free version as a serious tool. It is. If you ever need to go beyond it, you'll know the reasons why: you won't need to ask anyone.

Please don't take it as any sort of insult that people on this thread are recommending you start simply. This is a world that can overwhelm you and there's often the feeling that one more plugin or another $1000 a year will put you over the top. And there's plenty of commercial pressure to force you into decisions like that. The "simple" tools that are available have more power than just about anything that was in use 20 years ago. With those tools, you can make truly excellent recordings.

Last edited by Michael Carnes; 10-18-2022 at 06:43 AM. Reason: Spelling
Old 10-20-2022, 12:54 AM

https://www.avid.com/pro-tools/comparison

Video tracks - what does that mean?
Pro Tools Studio - 1
Pro Tools Flex - 64

Can I change the Audio sound at the iPhone 14 Pro recorded video? (split/edit/swap)
(for example, if I make a recording with a separate external microphone).

The video part is just interested me for information.

Pro Tools Intro - all the other needs for me are satisfied.
When I talk about the video, what video formats are supported? I am interested for example iPhone (*.MOV) and *.ts (transport stream). I can't find information on this.

Thank you for very expert help, I appreciate it very much!