Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Artist Series

Old 08-07-2012, 04:24 PM

Default Mix won't power on

Has anyone else experienced this?
Checked cables, power supply light is on, but the Artist Mix won't turn on.
JJ
Old 08-07-2012, 05:59 PM

Default Re: Mix won't power on

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjsoundoc View Post
Has anyone else experienced this?
Checked cables, power supply light is on, but the Artist Mix won't turn on.
JJ
I had have the same problem. Ask AVID for RMA. Your mix 's power (internal) may have burned.
Old 08-08-2012, 12:22 AM

I had this with a Control. Came in in the morning and it didn't turn on. Took about 3-4 weeks to get it repaired on warranty via AVID.
Came back with no report on what was fixed so I can't say what the issue was. It wasn't the PSU since I'm still using the same one.

Frank.
Old 09-10-2012, 02:13 PM

My artist mix (AVID Black) won't power on as of today. No rhyme or reason. The power adaptor seems to be working (green light). The Euphonix Transport which is on the same network and work conditioner is working fine.

I went back to try to find an ASC, yet couldn't find one. I found a link and submitted a service request, yet it stated that it was only if I had registered my product before 04/26/2012.

(http://euphonix.avid.com/artist/ux/e...p?show=contact)

Not sure why this would matter.

AVID, is this the correct place to start?
Old 09-10-2012, 02:15 PM

You want hardware repair, just call em up, its on the phone menus somewhere. Should not needs an ASC.

Darryl
Old 09-10-2012, 02:31 PM

Hey Darryl,
just spoke with someone at AVID, I called the following Avid assisted support telephone number: +1 650 731-6100.

They said I had to purchase an ASC code for $60.00 to work through the issue before I can get warranty work. I went back and couldn't find an ASC code for my Artist Mix (normally the are emailed).

When I request a list of ASC codes, I get them emailed to me, however after review these are for my HD I/O devices and PT10HD software.

Normally all support I have had has been via email.

Or could you help me find a # I can call, I feel I have followed the links...from the home page all the way to the link I posted previously. Thanks for any help!
Old 09-10-2012, 02:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MADIrouting View Post
Hey Darryl,
just spoke with someone at AVID, I called the following Avid assisted support telephone number: +1 650 731-6100.

They said I had to purchase an ASC code for $60.00 to work through the issue before I can get warranty work. I went back and couldn't find an ASC code for my Artist Mix (normally the are emailed).

When I request a list of ASC codes, I get them emailed to me, however after review these are for my HD I/O devices and PT10HD software.

Normally all support I have had has been via email.

Or could you help me find a # I can call, I feel I have followed the links...from the home page all the way to the link I posted previously. Thanks for any help!
If the unit does not power on I dont' need to pay Avid to help them show me show that. I'm sure they get lots of false/erroneous warranty returns and that's a problem for them, but they really should debug that without charge for something as pathetically simple as not powering up. If I could pull up a free ASC then maybe I'd use that. If you never got the ASC you were owed then I'd take that up with them as well. I'm not a fan of Avid's overall support policies (some of the worst support policies of any company I've seen) and I'd just argue with them. YMMV. And if I was Avid I'd be trying to make Euphonix Artist customers a happy as possible given the history of problems with these units. Not that it helps with this, but I hear great stories about SSL customer support going well above and beyond with their Nucleus control surfaces. Glad to see at least they 'get it'. Sigh.

If the telephone does not get you help then maybe the Euphonix support portal will.

Darryl
Old 09-10-2012, 02:57 PM

I simply brought mine back to my dealer and he sent it to Ireland.
Since the law here protects the customer for 2 years I think it would't even be legal to charge someone 60$ only to get access to the warranty service.
Why not contact your dealer instead of AVID?

Frank.
Old 09-24-2012, 02:49 PM

I'm having the same problem. My Artist Mix suddenly won't turn on when pressing the power button.
Old 09-25-2012, 12:52 PM

I finally was able to initiate a ticket using my PT10HD support agreement that came with the purchase of the software. After that, I had to show proof of purchase, which I had, and then they provided an RMA without question. They stated a 7-10 turn around. I hope to have it back in the next week.