Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Getting Started
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 04-02-2015, 03:40 PM

Default Zoom in follows playback head? preference?

Hi People.
Is there a preference or option to set PT so that when i ZOOM IN it Zooms in with the current position of the playhead centered in the window? so that zoom follows the playhead?
thank you
Old 04-04-2015, 05:07 AM

Default Re: Zoom in follows playback head? preference?

Hi.
It seems you can do this by clicking the small "a z" button in the top right corner of the arrange window immediately above the vertical scroll controls
Old 04-05-2015, 07:01 AM

From memory, it should also be an option in the preferences.

Wave-T.com
Old 04-13-2015, 04:18 AM

Hey.
Replying to myself here, but i now seem to have lost the ability to zoom in on the current position of the play head, when PT is playing. Now im only able to zoom in on a finite point in time, which is the last point on the sequencer where i started playback from and is shown with 2 blue arrows pointing down. these arrows are also used to show the current region being looped in the playback window if loop is turned on.

Does anyone know the preference to enable / disable this zoom follows playback position?
thanks!
Old 04-20-2015, 04:01 AM

Hey Guys
Still can't find how to reenable this feature.. can anyone help?
thanks!
Old 04-20-2015, 06:42 AM

"Link Timeline to Edit selection" enabled will focus zoom where the playhead head lands

www.spoonsound.com
Old 04-21-2015, 02:38 PM

Hi Richard.
Thanks for Replying. that doesn't seem to work for me.
ProTools 11.3.1 with the Enable Keyboard Focus thing pressed
Old 04-08-2018, 10:16 PM

bringing up this old thread, turns out I have the same problem, I work a lot in cycle playback mode, and it would be nice to have a way for the "r/t" keys to not just focus their zooming on the left locator. the only way to zoom to the right locator is to somehow shift scroll over to the right locator and press r/t again, but this only works when already zoomed-in so that the left cycle locator is not visible anymore, it's annoying.

link timeline and edit selection would make things easier for zooming, but it also changes the cycle locators to selection.

meh..nobody here working with lots of loops or nobody making loops? if so, how is your zooming routine? I'm coming from several other daws, so I might be spoiled a bit in terms of workflow speeds..
Old 04-09-2018, 12:45 AM

Use left/right arrow keys to center start/end selection on-screen. That in conjunction with R and T and the Single zoomer gets a lot of use here.

Experiment with the various scrolling options as well. I think maybe Scrolling After Playback could be useful. The screen will center where you hit stop during (loop) playback.
Old 04-09-2018, 03:38 AM

ah thanks! it almost solves my problem, but when I zoom out enough that both down arrows are visible, pro tools automatically refocuses zoom to the left down-arrow, even if I made it focus the right one with your tipp of using the right arrow key - makes me a little dizzy - is there a setting to disable this maybe? still, the arrow key is pretty much a live saver for me, I used to make selections and then press opt+f and go from there which was slower :)