Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)

Old 10-06-2003, 07:50 AM

Default My first major errors :(

Had my 001/PC system a year now and it's been running like a dream.
Last night I was working on a track for a couple of hours when up popped a ACCESS VIOLATION OCCURRED ERROR & pro tools closed itself.
It then refused to start up again until I rebooted.
I continued working for nearly an hour when I dragged a plugin to reposition and again ACCESS VIOLATION error.

Today I was experimenting with the strip silence command. Stripped 8 tracks of audio into regions. Obviously that's quite a bit of processing. I then attempted to quantize the regions and pro tools just closed instantly. On trying to load PT up again the ACCESS VIOLATION error popped up and I had to restart my PC. I then though I would try the quantize regions one by one rather than 8 tracks at once. It completed the first track and crashed on the 2nd.

Looking over the support section I have disabled any unused hardware & IDE is set to DMA.
001 is on IRQ 23

My system is:

Pentium 4 2.4ghz
Abit Mother Board
512 MB
6.2 GB Weston Digital system drive
80GB seagate audio drive
Windows XP

The most recent hardware change was a duel head graphics card a couple of weeks ago.
Also tried running the digi test and it get's to 6 out of 7 and stops responding

Any ideas?

Also
Old 10-06-2003, 05:16 PM

Default Re: My first major errors :(

Does anyone else get any trouble from using quantize regions? It just closes Pro tools down if I use it
Old 10-06-2003, 05:31 PM

Default Re: My first major errors :(

Open up the folder of the session you are working on. Select all of the .wav files and click properties, check off ready for archiving, or any other settings (no check boxes should be checked) close the folder then open your session and try again...

This seems to work for me.

Robert
Old 10-07-2003, 10:38 AM

Default Re: My first major errors/quantize regions

Hi Riad

I tried this, still no luck.
I select all 8 tracks of drums which now contains 100's if not 1000's of regions (one region per beat per track) and choose quantize regions. Pro tools just closes and my PC beeps. If I try and relaunch pro tools I get the access violation error and I have to reboot the computer (by resetting it as it get's stuck after a pro tools crash) before I can run pro tools again.
Old 10-07-2003, 01:12 PM

Have you trashed your prefs? Also are you using 6.1, if so trash the digidatabase folder as well. Check to see if there are any cache files in you session folder and delete them as well.

Rob
Old 10-07-2003, 03:07 PM

Quote:
Have you trashed your prefs?
What is this?
I'm using 5.3.
Old 10-07-2003, 06:01 PM

PT has two folders for preferences. I don't have the system in front of me but you can search the DUC for the locations... it should look like /common files/dae/preferences... and the other folder should be in the program files/digidesign/... something like that. Just delete the entire contents of the folders and restart your system.

Sorry I don't have the exact folders for you but like I said I'm not at my system currently.

Rob