Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > macOS

Old 12-20-2011, 07:42 PM

Default Workin with MIDI

I'm a beat maker so I do a lot of midi editing and was wondering if there is an option to turn off a specific function. In the MIDI Editor, when I highlight a section of notes it triggers its sounds. So when I highlight a kick & snare pattern a bunch of kicks and snares are being triggered coming out of my speakers.. which is really loud and always scares the crap out of me lol. Can I turn this off somehow? So I whenever I highlight or click on a midi note.. the sound doesn't trigger?

Also, what is the shortcut of nudging a midi note left or right? I can't find it anywhere in the manual or google searches. Well I found one but it requires me to use the numeric pad.. which I do not have on my Macbook.
Old 12-20-2011, 07:50 PM

Default Re: Workin with MIDI

Quote:
Originally Posted by typhy View Post
Also, what is the shortcut of nudging a midi note left or right? I can't find it anywhere in the manual or google searches. Well I found one but it requires me to use the numeric pad.. which I do not have on my Macbook.
You can nudge MIDI notes with the "</>" keys. Use "M/?" to nudge by double the set nudge value.
Old 12-21-2011, 09:42 AM

Sadly I can't post an image here but in the edit window above and to the right of the Dly, S and M indicators, there is a little icon which looks like a MIDI connector and a speaker. If you click this, it will deactivate and go dark. This turns the MIDI playback off when you select or move MIDI notes. Playback still works as normal.

Paul
500GB G-Drive Mini (FW audio drive)
Mac OS X 10.7.3 (Lion)
Pro Tools 10.0.1
Mbox 2 Pro (connected by FW)
Old 12-21-2011, 11:31 AM

You guys are wonderful, thanks.