Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-27-2010, 01:01 PM

Default Complete novice question regarding MIDI controllers.

So I'm completely new to Pro Tools and the like but I did get an instructional DVD which I've been following whilst getting to learn about it all. I was able to get my M-Audio Oxygen 8 V2 to work with the Pro Tools plug in virtual instruments the other day (went into Apps/Utilities/AudioMIDIsetup/) found my Mbox and Oxygen keyboard. Today I've done the same thing but the keyboard won't trigger the virtual instruments. It's showing in the AudioMIDIsetup folder and when i play a key it makes a plinky sound, it just won't operate any Pro Tools sound. Can anyone point me in the direction of a solution?

It's a USB MIDI controller, and it worked two days ago but not any more.
Old 01-27-2010, 06:29 PM

Default Re: Complete novice question regarding MIDI controllers.

Make sure the MIDI/Instrument track you are trying to trigger is record enabled.

If it's not, then it won't trigger that channel, but just the global channel.

Assuming you haven't changed any settings and your MIDI controller is on, there is no reason why it worked yesterday but won't today. Just make sure you rec enable the track.