Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)

Old 01-05-2008, 10:39 AM

Default Firewire Errors/Buffer under/overs & now sudden reboot

I'm really hoping someone can point me in the right direction. First of all here's what I have.
Windows XP Pro
Asus M2N-E SLI
AMD X2 6400+
4 GB DDR2 PC2-5300(Ultra--overclocking mem)*
*I know that windows only sees only 2 but I've tried only using 2 with no avail

Problems:
I as soon as installed my new mobo and memory, set up the bios correctly and according to digidesign specs, I tried running PT7 and it gave me a bunch of 9085 and 6085 errors. Those might not be the exact error codes but most of you that have gone thru this similar problem will know what they are and which ones I'm talking about. So, I spent days wandering thru the DUC and find a bunch of tweaks and I've tried them all with no avail. Because I closed shop for a few weeks I wasn't in that big of a rush, but since I've had this problem since Christmas, I'm starting to get really really aggravated with this problem. So this morning I bought the 7.4 upgrade hoping that it would have some fixes in there for dual core processors as I thought it might be. Still nothing...
$75 later and no improvement my system crashes out and restarts. Basically I can play songs most of the times with little buffer over/under problems but when I go to bounce down the songs it errors out with 6085's and the other common error codes. It's funny though. The music is just a stereo file and then as soon as the vocal tracks hit, it errors out. I hate to say it but this just isn't right. I've been using protools for about 5 years now, and its always had it's downers but never like this. I've used many other DAW's---Nuendo, Cubase SX, Sequoia...and its never been this hard to get things up and running. The only reason I'm still using Protools is because I spent so much time and money trying to get it to run. Also, I have seen a bunch of posts similar to mine and no solutions. Before you tell me to go to the compatibility site and make sure everything is cool with my system...well, I've already done it. We are looking for solutions not someone to tell us to take a 3 day journey into the bowels of the DUC just to find out whether the system is compatible or not.
I'm suspect of the onboard firewire port on the drive. Could that be the problem? I don't know...
Please help before I go insane. Its not fair that people have to go through this just to record some music. I need help.
Old 01-05-2008, 12:51 PM

Default Re: Firewire Errors/Buffer under/overs & now sudden reboot

Quote:
I'm really hoping someone can point me in the right direction. First of all here's what I have.
Windows XP Pro
Asus M2N-E SLI
AMD X2 6400+
4 GB DDR2 PC2-5300(Ultra--overclocking mem)*
*I know that windows only sees only 2 but I've tried only using 2 with no avail

Problems:
I as soon as installed my new mobo and memory, set up the bios correctly and according to digidesign specs, I tried running PT7 and it gave me a bunch of 9085 and 6085 errors. Those might not be the exact error codes but most of you that have gone thru this similar problem will know what they are and which ones I'm talking about. So, I spent days wandering thru the DUC and find a bunch of tweaks and I've tried them all with no avail. Because I closed shop for a few weeks I wasn't in that big of a rush, but since I've had this problem since Christmas, I'm starting to get really really aggravated with this problem. So this morning I bought the 7.4 upgrade hoping that it would have some fixes in there for dual core processors as I thought it might be. Still nothing...
$75 later and no improvement my system crashes out and restarts. Basically I can play songs most of the times with little buffer over/under problems but when I go to bounce down the songs it errors out with 6085's and the other common error codes. It's funny though. The music is just a stereo file and then as soon as the vocal tracks hit, it errors out. I hate to say it but this just isn't right. I've been using protools for about 5 years now, and its always had it's downers but never like this. I've used many other DAW's---Nuendo, Cubase SX, Sequoia...and its never been this hard to get things up and running. The only reason I'm still using Protools is because I spent so much time and money trying to get it to run. Also, I have seen a bunch of posts similar to mine and no solutions. Before you tell me to go to the compatibility site and make sure everything is cool with my system...well, I've already done it. We are looking for solutions not someone to tell us to take a 3 day journey into the bowels of the DUC just to find out whether the system is compatible or not.
I'm suspect of the onboard firewire port on the drive. Could that be the problem? I don't know...
Please help before I go insane. Its not fair that people have to go through this just to record some music. I need help.
I forgot to let everyone know what system I'm on. Its a Digi 002. Please help me out.