Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)

Old 08-16-2007, 01:54 PM

Default Problem with Delay Comp. and not enough DSP/Time slots...

PT 7.3.1, Mac dual 2.8, 10.4.8, HD3. I have two problems.. one is new and the second is old. I'm wondering if they are related.

1. The delay compensation engine is turning itself off after I turn it on. Before opening a session, I select 1023 samples per channel in delay comp., open the session and now the delay compensation is set to "none". I then re-select the 1023 setting, PT closes and re-opens the session automatically. I check the playback engine and sure enough, the delay comp. is set to "none" again. If I repeat the process, I get problem number 2...HOWEVER, I've had problem #2 without experiencing #1....

2. I'll have a session with a lot of plugs and tracks, or little plugs and low track count. I can open and close a couple of sessions with no problem, but usually the 3rd or 4th session I open will say, "Not enough DSP/Time slots" and several plugs will be made inactive. This is bull crap, because I have plenty of DSP to handle these sessions! I then have to restart PT.

I've posted this problem before and Digi Support blamed it on incompatible plugs. Well Digi, I've checked ALL plugs compatible with 7.3 according to your website and all of my plugs are updated and compatible.

PLEASE HELP! Anyone else ever experienced this?

Thank you.