Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Post Production > Post - Surround - Video

Old 12-13-2018, 08:18 AM

Default Re: free ADR cueing software

Hi Pete,

I'm using the latest version of your program and having trouble with remote control. I can "Get Selected Clip Text" but I can't set it or create the region group and set it. Any ideas? PT 2018.10 on OS 10.13.6. I do have access allowed in System Preferences.

I haven't used it in about a while so maybe I'm missing something.
Old 12-13-2018, 01:56 PM

Hi Will,
So you’re on 1.9.43? Controlling Pro Tools is fraught at the best of times, what happens exactly - nothing or does it look like it’s attempting to do it but gets it wrong?

Cheers,
Pete
Old 12-14-2018, 02:09 PM

I'm not in front of it but whatever the current version on your website is. It updated a few days ago right?

It does look like it's trying to do something. Like it brings the main window back between Pro Tools and the Remote window. I don't know, hard to explain. But nothing is accomplished in PT.

Cheers,
Will
Old 12-14-2018, 03:07 PM

Yes, a few days ago. I made a few timing tweaks to fix problems someone was having. I may need to look at it again if I’ve fixed it for one person but broken it for another!

Pete
Old 12-15-2018, 07:30 PM

Can't say that broke it for me - I haven't tried Remote Control in probably a year.

Looking at it, the first time I press it it does flash the main PGPT window behind Remote Control. If I press it again I don't notice anything happening.
Old 03-07-2019, 07:42 AM

Pete,

Sorry to hijack this a bit. We have been using your PGPTSession program to create music cue sheets for the promotional materials we mix, but we have a small issue. We need to get copyright right/composer information from our music library in order to clear some of this through legal.

Right now, we create sheets through your program and them someone has to go through the sheets and remove all of the extra clip name nonsense that Pro Tools adds to the tail end of these clips (.01, Dlck, etc) before we can send it off to the music library. (It will come back will null results if we don't and we would like to see the correct people get paid).

Is there a way for your program to clear that extra information off?

Thank you,
Randall

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete Gates View Post
Rustling I could add, PFX though? Is that an ADR reason? Eventually I'll need to do a more user-extensible thing as otherwise the default list could get huge!

Pete
Denver, CO
Old 03-07-2019, 10:15 AM

Hey Randall,
It's not hijacking at all, it was originally written for music lists. Right... in Export Options (first tab) you can select "Remove common suffixes". That will only remove .A1-.A4 LCRLsRsLfe and .-01-.-99 though. Removing anything else is fraught with problems though, if you can GUARANTEE there are no other period '.' characters in the name I could make it remove anything from that point onwards in the filename.

Cheers,
Pete
Old 03-08-2019, 06:44 AM

Thank you for the quick response.

I can see how dangerous it is, but I wouldn't really mind having the ability to remove everything past the period as an option.

Thank you,
Randall

Quote:
Hey Randall,
It's not hijacking at all, it was originally written for music lists. Right... in Export Options (first tab) you can select "Remove common suffixes". That will only remove .A1-.A4 LCRLsRsLfe and .-01-.-99 though. Removing anything else is fraught with problems though, if you can GUARANTEE there are no other period '.' characters in the name I could make it remove anything from that point onwards in the filename.

Cheers,
Pete
Denver, CO
Old 03-08-2019, 07:50 AM

Ok, I’ll add an option on the next release.

Pete
Old 03-08-2019, 07:59 AM

Thank you,

looking at the average sequence here, most of the stuff I am outputting has [Track Name]_04-01, (or _01-01, _02-01)which I don't think is being removed.

I appreciate you helping us out on this.

Randall

Quote:
Ok, I’ll add an option on the next release.

Pete
Denver, CO