Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Post Production > Post - Surround - Video

Old 11-02-2017, 03:16 PM

Default Re: free ADR cueing software

Apologies to anyone attempting to download the latest Mac version over the last few days (1.7.52 then 1.7.55), it was accidentally linked to 1.7.36. Should be fixed now. Thanks to Michael for alerting me!

On a separate note, I'm still looking at the keystrokes sent to Pro Tools when using the remote control - some people are having a lot more success with this than others and it's been slow progress trying to make it more reliable. Doing my best!

Pete
Old 12-18-2017, 08:41 AM

Hey boss this is excellent work! I was wondering if you'd ever considered open-sourcing this? I'd love to be able to customize my own page layouts and maybe add some parsing features.
Old 12-18-2017, 08:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dzerdzinsky View Post
Hey boss this is excellent work! I was wondering if you'd ever considered open-sourcing this? I'd love to be able to customize my own page layouts and maybe add some parsing features.
Boss?! I'm Pete!
Open source... hmmm, if I was more confident in my coding abilities I might do it but I have a habit of writing code that works but maybe isn't too pretty! I've never coded in a team, always done it on my own. Customisable page layouts is something I'm actually looking at. What extra parsing would be useful to you?

Cheers,
Pete

ps you did the, in its time very useful, Agent Orange didn't you?
Old 12-19-2017, 03:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete Gates View Post
Boss?! I'm Pete!
Open source... hmmm, if I was more confident in my coding abilities I might do it but I have a habit of writing code that works but maybe isn't too pretty! I've never coded in a team, always done it on my own. Customisable page layouts is something I'm actually looking at. What extra parsing would be useful to you?

Cheers,
Pete

ps you did the, in its time very useful, Agent Orange didn't you?
That was me! You shouldn't be too self-conscious about showing people your coding, it's a good way to get input and learn. If you're writing in Swift I can contribute but I don't get that impression from looking at it.

To answer your question, I'm not sure I'd be interested in more parsing, what I'd like is more flexibility in the reports.

Last edited by Dzerdzinsky; 12-19-2017 at 04:59 PM.
Old 12-20-2017, 01:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dzerdzinsky View Post
...If you're writing in Swift I can contribute but I don't get that impression from looking at it.

To answer your question, I'm not sure I'd be interested in more parsing, what I'd like is more flexibility in the reports.
No, Delphi currently, though I may switch back to C++ for various reasons. Report flexibility, definitely looking at that.

Pete
Old 01-10-2018, 01:40 PM

1.7.71 is now up.

Faster Session Text File Loading, it's very quick now.

=SceneNos= tracks are now read, only the scene numbers are used currently although the scene description is parsed/stored (just have to decide where to display the scene description on the PDFs!). Scene numbers set in the cue - with, for example [S32] override the =SceneNos= track on a cue by cue basis.

[AP] append cues now work, don't use them myself but some people do. If you have a region group "[AP]Some additional ADR text" it is appended to the previous cue on that track. The start time of the merged cue is the start of the first one and the end is the end of the second one.

Next tasks are more export format options, more cue naming/sorting options and PDF customizing.

Pete
Old 04-17-2018, 01:03 AM

1.7.81 is up. I've split the output of ADR formatted/type files and Music ones as the demands are different and the wealth of ADR options was too much for people needing simple music lists. I'm going to start adding to the fields/features each can output next. If this has broken anybody's favoured way of working tell me and I can probably sort it for the next version.

Oh and a few bugs fixed too.

Cheers,
Pete
Old 05-22-2018, 07:48 AM

Hey Pete, great app!

Is there a way to create cues directly into the Cue window without having to create a region in ProTools? Sometimes I'm given a list of adds from the picture department with TCs. It would save me a step to just manually enter them in.

Thanks!
Old 05-22-2018, 09:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RecRoom View Post
Hey Pete, great app!

Is there a way to create cues directly into the Cue window without having to create a region in ProTools? Sometimes I'm given a list of adds from the picture department with TCs. It would save me a step to just manually enter them in.

Thanks!
Hi Jeff,
I can look at adding that, wouldn't be too difficult. The thing that's stopped me so far is that whether I should allow the software to do that or whether it's always best to put it into the session - for reconforms etc.

Thoughts?

Pete
Old 05-22-2018, 12:34 PM

I completely understand. I can imagine there being quite a bit of feature creep for projects like this. Worse comes to worse I just send the ADR recordist the notes from the picture department so it's really not a big deal. Thanks for the consideration!