Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 11
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 07-30-2013, 06:10 AM

Default Re: iLok License Surrender Issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by poteruha View Post
Hi,
I have a problem with a no charge student crossgrade from 10/9. My combo licence 10/9 turned to 10/11 just after activation. Now I have one non-activated licence of 10/9 bundle at iLok manager but it is impossible to load it into my iLok 2. Any ideas?
You surrendered 9/10 for 10/11, right? So you don't get it back.

Load 10 and 11. 9 is retired.
Old 08-05-2013, 01:05 PM

So I just purchased a PT HD 9 to PT HD 10/11 upgrade and i'm getting a few different errors.

First, When I tried to complete the surrender I got this message. "One or more licenses to surrender cannot be found in your account"

I went ahead and did the repair/sync and when it was finished my PTHD9 Bundle was gone and the PTHD11 Bundle still has not been authorized!

The PTHD9 bundle still shows up in the "all licenses" tab but is no longer present on the ilok itself.

PTHD9 AND PTHD11 both show up in the "available" tab.

I'm super confused right now, I just paid 1000 dollars for a HUGE headache didnt I?
Old 08-11-2013, 06:21 PM

Default Another iLok License Surrender Issues

Hi, I am experiencing an issue with the license manager that prevents me from activating my new PT 11 license. I contacted Pace support several times and they have ignore me for over a week, so I am posting here in the hope that someone may have encountered a similar issue.

My old ilok 1 contains my my PT 9+10 bundle and a few other licenses. The ilok works fine, I can operate PT10 without issues and the light is on. However when I run license manager and connect the ilok, license manager tells me the old ilok 1 is not connected. Instead it indicates it has detected an ilok that belongs to another user with zero licenses on it. Never had any issue similar to this under the previous web-based system.

I can still use my PT10 software but I cannot activate my PT11 license into a new ilok 2 because I need to surrender the license contained in the older ilok 1, which the license manager is not recognizing.

No need to describe here how unhelpful and unresponsive Pace has been, other than issuing a ticket #, many have experienced that already. I paid for an upgrade that I cannot use, no user or paying customer should be subjected to this. Avid should really reconsider their partnership with ilok/pace.
Old 08-11-2013, 06:32 PM

Default Re: Another iLok License Surrender Issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpgiusti View Post
Hi, I am experiencing an issue with the license manager that prevents me from activating my new PT 11 license. I contacted Pace support several times and they have ignore me for over a week, so I am posting here in the hope that someone may have encountered a similar issue.

My old ilok 1 contains my my PT 9+10 bundle and a few other licenses. The ilok works fine, I can operate PT10 without issues and the light is on. However when I run license manager and connect the ilok, license manager tells me the old ilok 1 is not connected. Instead it indicates it has detected an ilok that belongs to another user with zero licenses on it. Never had any issue similar to this under the previous web-based system.

I can still use my PT10 software but I cannot activate my PT11 license into a new ilok 2 because I need to surrender the license contained in the older ilok 1, which the license manager is not recognizing.

No need to describe here how unhelpful and unresponsive Pace has been, other than issuing a ticket #, many have experienced that already. I paid for an upgrade that I cannot use, no user or paying customer should be subjected to this. Avid should really reconsider their partnership with ilok/pace.
Hi

I really feel for you and there are soo many people who have had seriously wayy too much stuff up's with Ilok/Pace but others have reported that if you unistall everything Pace and I mean every single file and reinstalling the new Ilok License Manager (ILM) they have had success in various degrees. The latest build is ILM 2.1 I think and that is what I would try first. Link to the latest version of ILM : https://www.ilok.com/ilm.html

Secondly I would PM Bruce Paine here on the Forum as He is awesome and will be able to see much more than anyone of us members. Here is a link to Bruce :

http://duc.avid.com/member.php?u=115511

Try what I suggested and PM Bruce if that doesn't help you at all

Good Luck and Fingers and Toes Crossed that you get your PT up and running ASAP!

Christopher

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————
Old 08-12-2013, 03:18 AM

Default Re: Another iLok License Surrender Issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southsidemusic View Post
Hi

I really feel for you and there are soo many people who have had seriously wayy too much stuff up's with Ilok/Pace but others have reported that if you unistall everything Pace and I mean every single file and reinstalling the new Ilok License Manager (ILM) they have had success in various degrees. The latest build is ILM 2.1 I think and that is what I would try first. Link to the latest version of ILM : https://www.ilok.com/ilm.html
Unfortunately I uninstalled everything Pace and ilok before installing the new ILM but still problems!
So I qualify for the "success in various degrees", I guess.
I hope I won't experience the sometimes horrendous response times of ilok support!
Old 08-12-2013, 11:00 AM

Quote:

Secondly I would PM Bruce Paine here on the Forum as He is awesome and will be able to see much more than anyone of us members
Thanks for your input Chris, I should have mentioned I tried your first suggestions a few times, no success. As for the second I will PM Bruce, nothing to loose at this point. Last time Pace had the basic courtesy of even sending me an email was Friday August 2, 10 days ago. As far as they are concerned I guess we audio professional can stop our work for weeks at a time, may be they believe we can be aholes to our clients like they behave with us.

G.
Old 08-12-2013, 12:36 PM

Quote:
last time pace had the basic courtesy of even sending me an email was friday august 2, 10 days ago. As far as they are concerned i guess we audio professional can stop our work for weeks at a time, may be they believe we can be aholes to our clients like they behave with us.
right!?
Old 08-12-2013, 01:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpgiusti View Post
Thanks for your input Chris, I should have mentioned I tried your first suggestions a few times, no success. As far as they are concerned I guess we audio professional can stop our work for weeks at a time, may be they believe we can be aholes to our clients like they behave with us.

G.
Totally agree with that statement

It really has been a disaster with Pace and I don't even wanna guess how many professional studios that have lost business and not forgetting the "Prosumer" as they also have deadlines to make so I am really in total agreement with you here.

We had such good luck that we never had any issues at all with iLok/Pace but that doesn't make it feel better for you guys

I would PM Bruce as he will be able to help out here.

Best Of Luck and I keep all limbs crossed for ya
Christopher

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————
Old 08-15-2013, 07:09 AM

I want to surrender my PT 10 license but my Ilok is blinking and is greyed out in my Ilok License Manager list. I bought a new Ilok but I need to surrender the PT 10 License. Help!! Please.
Old 08-20-2013, 02:49 PM

I have mistakenly chosen the PT 11 + cptk -> PT11 HD online order path.. Which should have been the 9/10 + cptk upgrade path! Didn't even know there existed an upgrade form PT 11 to PT 11HD?! Same price and everything, but no use to me.

And naturally I'm asked to surrender the PT 11 bundle that I don't have, arrgr!!
I'm stuck

br
Ola