Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 11

Old 07-05-2014, 02:16 AM
Admin Emeritus

Default Re: iLok License Surrender Issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by maiku1981 View Post
I Purchased an upgrade to PT11 from PT10.3.9 today & I'm unable to activate it and surrender license. Please help
Kind Regards M
I looked at your iLok account, and the Pro Tools 11 Bundle is there, but it needs you to locate the Pro Tools 10+9 Bundle in order to surrender it.

According to your iLok account, the Pro Tools 10+9 Bundle is on your account, but I can't tell which iLok it is (or was) located on.

If you need help, you can contact Avid support through the registration case page here:
http://avid.force.com/Support/RegistrationCaseCreation

In the question box, please enter "Pro Tools 11 Upgrade".
Old 07-05-2014, 02:21 AM
Admin Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by uQbar View Post
It looks like after spending sometime trying to buy the upgrade, somethings is still amiss. My ID is markfrei. Please get me back on line. I'm taking a week of my real job to complete a project and alas it looks like I have no PT access at all anymore :-(
It looks like this was resolved on July 2nd. The Pro Tools HD 11 Bundle shows up as activated and installed on your iLok.
Old 07-11-2014, 07:17 PM

Dear Avid Pro Audio Community,

Please help.

There is a reoccuring message in my iLok license manager that consistently states "One or more licenses to surrender cannot be found." While Pro Tools 10.3.9 insists "Error, missing iLok authorization for "Pro Tools 10". Please insert the necessary iLok and restart Pro Tools."
I've done everything that iLok and Avid suggest. I've hit a wall please help.

account: dev.mcguig

Thank you greatly
Old 07-12-2014, 02:03 PM
Admin Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by dev.mcguig View Post
Dear Avid Pro Audio Community,

Please help.

There is a reoccuring message in my iLok license manager that consistently states "One or more licenses to surrender cannot be found." While Pro Tools 10.3.9 insists "Error, missing iLok authorization for "Pro Tools 10". Please insert the necessary iLok and restart Pro Tools."
I've done everything that iLok and Avid suggest. I've hit a wall please help.

account: dev.mcguig

Thank you greatly
Hi Devon,
Try the activation to your iLok 2 now and it should work.
Old 07-14-2014, 11:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce Paine View Post
It looks like this was resolved on July 2nd. The Pro Tools HD 11 Bundle shows up as activated and installed on your iLok.
It was. Thanks Bruce.
Old 07-19-2014, 02:36 PM

hi Bruce
I have the same issue like many people on this thread.
I have PT10 HD and bought PT11 HD online in June.
the ILM won't recognize my PT 11 license.
I can't surrender license etc etc
could you please ask Avid CS to solve this or put a new copy in my account?
thank you
Martin Landquist
Old 07-20-2014, 11:33 PM
Admin Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlandquist View Post
hi Bruce
I have the same issue like many people on this thread.
I have PT10 HD and bought PT11 HD online in June.
the ILM won't recognize my PT 11 license.
I can't surrender license etc etc
could you please ask Avid CS to solve this or put a new copy in my account?
thank you
Martin Landquist
Your order receipt from the Avid store shows that you purchased this product on June 26th:
Pro Tools 11 HD Upgrade From PT 9/10 + CPTK - PT10 + CPTK to PTHD11 (Download) (9511-65524-00)

Since you do not have a Complete Production Toolkit (or a non-HD Pro Tools 10 license) on your iLok account, it looks like the wrong upgrade order.

I don't know if it was a mistake on the listing/process on the store, or if you accidentally ordered the wrong product.

In either case, I would recommend contacting the Avid store support directly to sort it out.

Use the information at the bottom left side of the Avid store:
Order Support >
Contact Us
Old 07-25-2014, 06:30 PM

Well, this was a pain. I see the OP was from over a year ago? I just purchased a Pro Tools upgrade and immediately the new iLok was unable to register. Manager kept crashing. I followed the steps in the OP and I think it is fixed. That's not the way I want professional products to behave. Seems like bad news.
Old 08-04-2014, 09:43 AM

Hi, same problem as others. Originally had Pro Tools 9 running, but got the upgrade to 11. I surrendered my license for 9, and tried to add PT11 to my iLok, only to be told I had to surrender 9. Problem is that I already did, and 9 is showing up as "unavailable" in my License Manager.

I'm getting the "1 or more licenses to surrender cannot be found in your account" error message.

I was able to add the licenses for the 9/10 bundle to the iLok, but that didn't help. Then I tried to just downgrade and install PT10, but had already used my activation code to get 11.

Help, please?
Old 08-04-2014, 11:33 AM
Admin Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by srsjohn View Post
Hi, same problem as others. Originally had Pro Tools 9 running, but got the upgrade to 11. I surrendered my license for 9, and tried to add PT11 to my iLok, only to be told I had to surrender 9. Problem is that I already did, and 9 is showing up as "unavailable" in my License Manager.

I'm getting the "1 or more licenses to surrender cannot be found in your account" error message.

I was able to add the licenses for the 9/10 bundle to the iLok, but that didn't help. Then I tried to just downgrade and install PT10, but had already used my activation code to get 11.

Help, please?
The trial license for PT 11 may be keeping you from doing the transfer, but it looks like you have the full Pro Tools 11 Bundle on your account ready to activate.

I would start by:
  1. Downloading and installing the latest iLok License Manager from www.ilok.com
  2. Doing a Sync/Repair of your iLok using the instructions on the Known Issues page.

You need to have the iLok where you installed the Pro Tools 10 Bundle registered to the same iLok account and available so you can surrender that license to activate the Pro Tools 11+10 Bundle license.

If you have that PT 10 bundle license on your iLok 2, and still cannot activate the PT 11 Bundle after doing all of the above...
Try "deactivating" the PT 10 bundle license, which will move it from the iLok to your iLok account.

Then try the PT 11 activation again.