Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-27-2009, 02:00 PM

Default Re: Arturia Analog Factory and Pro Tools 8

Got everything to work after I uninstalled analog factory and did the housekeeping. Then I rebooted and reinstalled analog factory, and so far everything is working great.
Old 02-09-2009, 05:32 AM

My Analog Factory is still crashing PT8. I re-installed AF but .Digidesign, tell me what to do! I can't open quite important projects.
Old 02-09-2009, 10:43 AM
Avid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joram View Post
My Analog Factory is still crashing PT8. I re-installed AF but .Digidesign, tell me what to do! I can't open quite important projects.
Can you give us your system specs? Info (and possible solutions) can be found in the General Troubleshooting thread. It would also help if you could post your plug-in version list.
Old 02-11-2009, 01:24 AM

system specs: 2,66 intel core 2 duo, 4GB 800 MHz DDR2 SDRAM (Imac) running on Mac OS X version 10.5.6

I downloaded Arturia Analog Factory SE v2.1.1 from Digidesign's website. Before re-installation I removed AF from my computer and analog Factory.dpm from the Plug-In alias map in the Pro Tools map
Old 02-20-2009, 02:08 PM

Smile Re: Arturia Analog Factory and Pro Tools 8

Hi!

I had just about the same problem... I was using Arturia Analog Factory with Pro tools 7.4 (I bought a 003 factory with the ignition pack 2.1 bundle). Everything worked fine, but when I updated to pro tools 8, Pro tools was always crashing when I tried to insert AF on a new track... I tried to update AF, as recommended on the digidesign website, but it didn't change anything... I was always receiving this message before the crash: Bus error in thread "Main thread" at address 0x0... So I tried to reinstall pro tools, just in case, but then the only difference was that I no longer received the "Bus error in thread "Main thread" at address 0x0" message, but pro tools still crashed everytime I inserted AF... (note that before and after all these updates, AF was working fine in standalone mode)

I finally contacted my reseller, who told me that maybe I should try to delete everything that was related to AF on my computer, (You may want to copy all these files in a new folder before deleting them, just in case, or to keep your presets and favorites...). The files to delete are:

HDD/Library/Application support: delete the arturia folder
HDD/Library/Application support/Digidesign/plugins: delete the analog factory.dpm file
HDD/Library/Receipts: Delete the Analog Factory.pkg file

My reseller also told me to delete the old pro tools database:
HDD/Library/Application support/Digidesign: delete the Databases folder

And my Analog factory preferences:
HDD/Library/preferences: delete the AnalogFactory folder

Finally, in the applications folder: delete the Analog factory standalone application...

So... Now that all the files are deleted, I recommend restarting your machine, and running pro tools once... Then, re-install Analog factory (the updated version on the digidesign website) and tadaaaaa... It worked for me...

I hope it helps...
Old 02-21-2009, 11:25 AM

After doing some testing, I noted that pro tools crashed (the same problem I had before) when I tried to replace my new Analog factory preferences with the old files I copied before reinstalling AF... I think the file format is not the same between the pro tools 7.4 version of Analog factory preferences and the pro tools 8 version... The old preferred.prefs file was a "Unix executable file" (in the "kind" column in finder), but the new file (pro tools 8 version) is a "document" type of file (in the "kind" column in finder)...

Maybe it is the problem... Pro tools 8 don't recognize the old analog factory preferences files that were created by the 7.4 version, and when it tries to load these files, it crashes...
Old 02-22-2009, 05:51 AM

Ok... I've done some more testing... And I think I found the problem... When you run AF for the first time in pro tools (as a multi-channel plugin), you can see in the AnalogFactory preferences folder (HDD/Library/Preferences/AnalogFactory), that AF creates a file named "plugin_demo.prefs" in this preferences folder... Same thing when you open AF in standalone mode (it creates a file named standalone.prefs). Pro tools works fine with these 2 files created... But, the minute you click one of the "FAV." boxes in AF, to keep your favorite sounds organized, AF creates a file named "preferred.prefs" in the preferences folder... That is the problem... When you try to run AF in pro tools, if the file "preferred.prefs" is present in the preferences folder, pro tools shuts down... In other words, you can't ask AF to remind your favorite sounds... Just let the "FAV." boxes unchecked and it will work fine... If you have problems with AF in pro tools, just delete the "preferred.prefs" file in the AnalogFactory Preferences folder and try to launch pro tools again... It will work... No need to reinstall AF, just delete the file...

This problem occurs with the Updated version of AF (on the digidesign website) AND the older version that comes with your bundle...
Old 02-25-2009, 02:17 AM

Many Thanks and compliments to Kamikaz!!! My AF works again!
Old 07-05-2009, 08:35 PM

My AF was crashing, Pro Tools 8, found this thread, thanks for saving the day. Trashed prefs file as suggested.
Old 09-11-2009, 02:26 PM

This was the fix for me. However, my prefs file showed up as midi.prefs instead of preffered.prefs. I deleted both preference files and it seems to be working great now. THANK YOU Kamikaz22!!!! You are a real life saver for me on this.
160 GB RAM
macOS 11.7.4
Noisebox Studios -Utah Recording Studio