Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools M-Powered (Win)

Old 12-05-2010, 04:43 PM

Default Do not understand how to get recorded audio to playback, need help.

Hello:

I am a new Pro Tools LE 8 user and ex-Acid pro user. I am having a hard time getting the sound to play back. I have tried hooking the speakers up through the computer and when that didn't work, directly from my M-Box Pro outputs and still no dice. The Pro Tools audio is run through two Alesis powered studio speakers.

The interesting thing is I can get sound to come through my system when I am using the microphone live and recording but it won't play back what I have recorded. This happens either through the computers audio card or hooked directly into my speakers from the output ports on the M-Box. When I play back I see the meters moving so I am assuming I have recorded audio.

As of right now I am plugging my M-Box Pro into my computer via a fire wire and not into an external hard drive first as recommended. I don't know if that could effect the playback issue so I thought I'd mention it. I am kind of at my wits end and I feel somewhat foolish because I know it has to be something simple. What am I not doing correctly?

I am using Vista pro with an i core 7. Even so the machine is 64 bit, the Pro Tools application is running in 32 bit. I also have the latest 8.0.4 installed. I would appreciate greatly help on this matter. Thanks in advance. If you need more info I will be happy to get it to you asap.
Old 12-16-2010, 05:06 PM

Default Re: Do not understand how to get recorded audio to playback, need help.

I need to ask the "silly questions". Are you sure you have the outputs (1-2) for your interface assigned in the mix? Are you using a master fader for output?

Last - but not least - in your interface, do you have the DAW S/W output level up?
Old 12-16-2010, 11:46 PM

Default Re: Do not understand how to get recorded audio to playback, need help.

Another question is: Do you have the monitor outputs hooked up to speakers or the line outputs? If you have the monitor outputs hooked up, you need to turn the monitor pot up on the front panel.