Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 03-28-2001, 09:20 AM

Default TDM > LE issue?

We Had alocation problems moving a session over to an 001Le system. Moved the sessions over opened and the usual messages,new interface, do you want to check alocation..." never been a problem before hit OK's session opens. I hit play no problem, I add some files to other tracks hit play...total lockup had to reboot. Try again, this time I "check aocation" every track is set to the drive and directory that the session originaly pointed to??? I pick the drive its now on from the pull down (have to do each individualy) open it up and same thing happens. Start over at the alocation stage I realize that even though it now points to a real drive it still is looking for the nonexistant folder the session folder was originaly on...ie changing the drive did literaly that and PT still expected the same directory structure??? So I select the "select folder" in the pull down again for eack track and....now every thing seems OK.
I send this session via FTP to my home system (TDM) open it up, check the alocation because I know this is a problem now...NO problem every thing has been corectly repointed to the drives I actualy have and every thing is OK.
Two points, first seems like this is a bug in the Le system (same thing happened on a different session, so it is repeatable) that should get looked into.
And second, one should be able to alocate one track and make the rest the same - since I think this is a more comon way of working than having your alocation split up all over the place.
SK
Old 03-29-2001, 05:43 AM

Default Re: TDM > LE issue?

to set all the tracks at once option click the first track and all the tracks will reset to the new drive.When the track allocation window comes up the first time hit no and the session should default to the new drive.
Old 03-30-2001, 12:57 AM

Default Re: TDM > LE issue?

Thanks I discovered the first part (I should take my own oft repeated advice RTFM) however I did what you sugest second and crashed. Thats what inspired my post. This session was moved from one computer to the other over our network so its posable that PT thought that it could still access the drives over the net?? I will try some variations when I get some time and post back. Since nobody else seems to be yelling Me Too it may be fluke and not a bug.
SK