Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 07-31-2006, 01:34 AM

Default Is Massive Pack 5 XP compatible?

I just saw the PR on Massive Pack 5.

No mention anywhere of any plugins not being XP compatible, but Soundtoys and Princeton stuff are on the list. I thought they were Mac only. I may have missed something, but I don't see a thread on this ... yet.

Anyone have any info?

Thanks

Jules
Old 08-02-2006, 11:08 AM

Default Re: Is Massive Pack 5 XP compatible?

supposedly it's for both Mac and XP.

i'm having a hard time getting excited about this
year's massive pack ... seems like a real mishmash.

jeff
Old 08-02-2006, 12:04 PM

Can't quite figure out how this works. I'm pretty sure Soundtoys and Princeton plugs are Mac only. Do XP users get different plugins or something ....?
Old 08-02-2006, 01:59 PM
Avid

All plug-ins in MassivePack 5 are indeed compatible with XP and PowerPC Macs.

Jim West
Plug-in Program Manager
Digi
Old 08-02-2006, 02:53 PM

Sorry Jim, but Soundtoys is NOT...yet.
They have said they are working on native XP ports for PT7 now. TDM (HD) for XP to follow.

Additionally, the Princeton stuff is Mac only...front page fo their website claims it, although not an emphatic "NO WAY XP GUYS!!!"
Quote:
Originally Posted by nikki-k View Post
Sometimes ya just gotta put your tongue on the 9V battery just to see what all the fuss is about.
Old 08-02-2006, 03:51 PM

I wrote to Princeton once to ask if they were planning any XP versions. They said "no", but this was a while ago.

http://www.badrap.org
Old 08-02-2006, 05:13 PM
Avid

Hi folks,

All software offered in Massive Pack 5 is OSX and XP compatable. It was a prerequisite for inclusion in the bundle. It is possible that some 3rd parties have not yet updated their sites with this information.

Regards,

DigiCS
Old 08-02-2006, 11:15 PM

Hmm... The gentleman from Princeton was quite positive he wouldn't be writing a XP version when I spoke to him at AES at Digi HQ a couple of years ago... Perhaps he changed his mind.

Rail
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
Old 08-02-2006, 11:19 PM

Quote:

Hi folks,

All software offered in Massive Pack 5 is OSX and XP compatable. It was a prerequisite for inclusion in the bundle. It is possible that some 3rd parties have not yet updated their sites with this information.

Regards,

DigiCS
As I have posted, and i am sorry if I seem argumentative, but the two companies/developers CURRENTLY do not have XP compatible versions of those plugins available. Neither company has posted an expected release date. I have seen posts from SOundtoys stating they are hoping to have *full* XP compatibility by year's end.

If you (Digi) would like links to these statements, I would be happy to provide them. I have been a VERY vocal supporter of your products on XP for some years now (since nearly day one), and simply wish to try to be sure current, and future, users have the fullest amount of info possible; a combination of what you guys know, and what we, as users, have discovered.

AS ALWAYS!!! I, nikki k, do NOT work for Digi, and am NOT an official spokesperson for them. I am ONLY relating information that is easily obtainable here, and elsewhere.

update
here is a link to the thread right here on the DUC in this section on this, with a reply from Ken at Soundtoys...right from the horse's mouth:

And, as I responded below, I need to correct myself- Princeton Digital HAS provided XP compatible Massive Pack versions. From their site front page as of today, "...Upgrades from Massive Pack to the full Reverb2016 Suite will be available after August 7, for both platforms, for $US199. We will also be releasing Reverb2016, Plate, and SST-282 for Windows XP on the same date..."

Sincere apology to Digi for doubting your word!

OK, one more edit and update!
I have submitted an email to Soundtoys, specifically Ken Bogdanowicz (Prez of ST), so hopefully an official statement (once more) will be forthcoming. His last official statement here (link to that thread above) is now 6+ months old...and even though all subsequent word from SOundtoys has been the same ("still working on it! Soon!!!"), and although there has not been one XP TDM user that has come forward debunking the myth that Soundtoys does not have working TDM versions, maybe I am rallying over a dead issue hehehhe!!! (I need to stop osting after having a few drinks...seriously... )
Quote:
Sometimes ya just gotta put your tongue on the 9V battery just to see what all the fuss is about.
Old 08-02-2006, 11:41 PM

Quote:
Hmm... The gentleman from Princeton was quite positive he wouldn't be writing a XP version when I spoke to him at AES at Digi HQ a couple of years ago... Perhaps he changed his mind.

Rail
Well, Princeton Digital has officially updated their site!

They ARE XP compatible for the Massive Pack 5, and will have an available upgrade path as of August 7th, 2006...as well as having other (previously Mac only) products available for XP.

So, yeah Rail- they have changed their minds after all!
Quote: