Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)

Old 11-15-2005, 08:31 PM

Default strange problem importing stereo files

I upgraded to PTLE 7 a few days ago, and just imported some stereo files. both wav and mp3. Once imported the stereo field 'shifts' slightly quite often resulting in off-set sounding sections.

this is probably hard to understand. picture you had a very short delay (1-5ms) on each channel and you automated them to slightly shift around seperately on each side (left and right) that is what it sounds like.

I listened to the mp3's and wav's to make sure they sounded properly, and everything was ok. I then converted them with cdex to make sure they would be ok after conversion and everything sounded fine then also. But soon as I import into PTLE, they start the drifting.

any help would be appreciated!

thanks
Old 11-16-2005, 04:50 AM

Default Re: strange problem importing stereo files

anyone?