Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Windows

Old 02-13-2011, 08:06 AM

Default Asio driver problem !?

Is there anybody you got the some problem with the latest ASIO driver ???
Instaling the latest 002 rack driver and then Pro tools 9.
If i play back the sessions under pro tools everthing is fine.
When i launch cubase 6 and hit play the session sounds like trash.
Like a tape that is too slow and distorted !!! I did everything. reinstalling the driver, config the controllpanel under cubase 6. nothing worked !!!
But my itunes and system sound is normal !!!

I decided to install the Beta driver from Pro tools 8.04. After installing i launch pro tools ( fine ) and then cubase ( fine too !!! ).
What the hell is going on with the latest Asio driver in cubase ???
Any Ideas ??????
Old 02-13-2011, 08:44 AM

Default Re: Asio driver problem !?

Let me get this straight? Your Pro Tools is working fine, but your Cubase 6 is broken? You might want to the Cubase Forum and ask the same questions, You asked here on the Pro Tools Forum.

Main:
Model: Dell 5750 Precision Workstation
CPU:*Intel Core Processor i7-10750H (6 Core, 12MB Cache, 2.60 GHz to 5.00 GHz,
Memory:64GB, 2X32GB,DDR4 2933Mhz Non-ECC
OS M.2 512GB PCIe NVMe, Record Intel 1TB SSD, 2T SSD, 1TB SSD
Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 3rd Gen
AVID Pro Tools 2023.12
JBL LSR4328P 8"
JBL LSR310S 10 inch Powered Studio Subwoofer*
Yamaha HS50M Studio Monitors
Alesis Elevate 3 Studio Monitors
M-Audio Axiom 61 Midi Controller
Old 02-13-2011, 09:21 AM

Quote:
You might want to the Cubase Forum and ask the same questions
There is a problem with the new ASIO driver. Sony Sound Forge 10 doesn't work properly either. The meters and cursor freeze during playback, but it works fine with the old 8.0.4 beta driver.
Old 02-13-2011, 09:24 AM

Did you by chance install the 002/003 controller driver instead of the rack driver? Now that you have the 8.0.4 beta driver, you should probably remove that and reinstall the correct driver(and cross your fingers). Mixing and matching is less likely to work

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave
Old 02-13-2011, 10:23 AM

O.K
Dear justus1900.
I know this is the pro tools forum.Thats the reason why i post my question here! I use Avid / digidesign hardware and what to know if anybody got the same problems or got problems with Avid´s ASIO 002/003 rack driver 9.0.
see the post from cherryrecording !!!
Dear albee1952
i checked the driver twice times but it was the 002/003 rack driver.
O.K removed the 8.04 driver and reinstall the latest driver and cross my fingers. !!! the same problem !!! the ASIO driver doesn´t worked right!!!
the 8.04 driver worked right in any DAW thats supports ASIO but the new one did not !!!
Dear Avid !The 002/003 console driver doesn´t worked correct ( in pro tools ) and the 002/003 rack asiodriver doesn´t worked correct too. What´s going on !!!
Old 02-16-2011, 02:23 AM

I agree, I have also updated to Pro Tools 9 and there is a lot of strange issues appearing. If you like to use in my case the 003r asio in Cubase it will crackle from hell, but if you switch to Generic Low Latency ASIO that its normal but then midi and stuff is out of order :-/
However, if you use Pro Tools 9, it sometimes still launches the app without the digi hardware and if you like to close it down it crashes.

Here is another thing: on the digi003r the HOST LED flashes all the time ... why ? what does it mean ? Of course the avid support side does not have an answer.

no matter what the name is changed to but the messega from the company is still: like it to work ? buy our expensive HD gear.

any solutions are welcome
Old 10-04-2011, 07:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherryrecording View Post
There is a problem with the new ASIO driver. Sony Sound Forge 10 doesn't work properly either. The meters and cursor freeze during playback, but it works fine with the old 8.0.4 beta driver.
I'm hitting this same problem in regards to Sound Forge and the 003. The meters and playback cursor freezes. Any solution to this yet?

Thanks for any leads!
Old 10-05-2011, 03:31 PM

This sounds very similar to the problem I'm having with PT and my DM-4800 firewire I/O. Is it digital distortion that you're getting? I suspect that word clock is not communicating properly and thus your sample rate is not master / slaving correctly.
Old 10-19-2011, 12:59 AM

I have the same problem. I also think it's a clocking issue. but I'm to blame (according to customer 'service'). It was my fault that I bought the 003. smh. I should have went with RME or anything else. Avid really sucks!

The problem is the ASIO driver, not my computer.

I'm waiting for the class action. PT (003) is NOT compatible with windows 7.

I don't think Avid is going to fix this, ever. It has been like this for 2 years. and not any attempt in fixing it. they tricked me for my money, well played Avid.
Old 12-10-2012, 08:47 PM

Im having problems with Asio too. I try opening any program ex, Mixcraft 6, Ableton Live 8, anything!. The second i click on Asio ( like using it to record ) every one of these programs crashes!. Updated the latest driver for my M-Audio Fast Track, my sound card updated as well, nothings working, everytime i click Asio it always crashes and gives me an error message!. Who has some advice on what to do?