Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Pro Tools | MTRX & MTRX Studio
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 02-21-2023, 05:35 AM

Default Wondering if MTRX/DADMan could be causing my Eucontrol Connectivity Woes

Hi Guys,

(OS Monterey 12.3.6 - PT 2022.7 Ultimate - Eucon 2022.4)

So I'm fitting a new Mac Studio M1 Ultra in the place of what used to be an old Mac Pro 5,1. I'm keeping the setup more or less identical however I'm using the Sonnetech Echo III to connect the PCIE's for the HDX/MTRX and Blackmagic Video.

I can connect my S1 and Dock surfaces fine in the Eucontrol app however they will not respond to Pro Tools. However when I take out the thunderbolts connecting the PCIE's for the HDX/MTRX and Blackmagic the connection works fine.

I am not a very experienced user of MTRX/DADMan, I'm doing the install for a colleague while he's working in another studio. Is there anything that could be causing it to stop seeing Pro Tools?

Thanks in advance!
Old 02-27-2023, 02:07 AM

Default Re: Wondering if MTRX/DADMan could be causing my Eucontrol Connectivity Woes

Update:The fix here was to change the order of the thunderbolt connections so the eucontrol (usb c to network) was going into the left most thunderbolt port before any of the rest of the hardware. The other devices must have overwritten it's priorities or something.