Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Avid S4/S6

Old 02-01-2023, 09:35 AM

Default Re: Eucon 2022.12

Hi Eddie !!

Thanks for the great 2022.12 S6 update - love the custom track keys !

The problem isn't that the Control App isn't showing up in EuControl - it does. Both the iPhone and iPad always show up and they always connect too. Both the EUCON app on the MAC and the iPhone/iPad show them connecting. And they stay connected.

The problem is once they connect, the iPhone/iPad windows do not populate - with ANYTHING ! No tracks, no nothing. Blank screen except for the headers.

If I reinstall the MAC EUCON app, everything works again - the screens populate, etc. But if I restart the computer, the problem reoccurs until I reinstall the MAC EUCON app yet again. Uninstalling first, then reinstalling as Jeff suggested doesn't help either.

Any ideas ?

(No problem Kasper - thanks for trying to help !)
Old 02-01-2023, 10:13 AM
Avid

Quote:
Originally Posted by rus5 View Post
Hi Eddie !!

Thanks for the great 2022.12 S6 update - love the custom track keys !

The problem isn't that the Control App isn't showing up in EuControl - it does. Both the iPhone and iPad always show up and they always connect too. Both the EUCON app on the MAC and the iPhone/iPad show them connecting. And they stay connected.

The problem is once they connect, the iPhone/iPad windows do not populate - with ANYTHING ! No tracks, no nothing. Blank screen except for the headers.

If I reinstall the MAC EUCON app, everything works again - the screens populate, etc. But if I restart the computer, the problem reoccurs until I reinstall the MAC EUCON app yet again. Uninstalling first, then reinstalling as Jeff suggested doesn't help either.

Any ideas ?

(No problem Kasper - thanks for trying to help !)
Can you try a couple of things. Check the Workstation tab in EuControl, make sure the workstation is in the right and checked. make sure you dont have Eternal workstations checked. Focus away from PT and back again a few times see if the track appear. If not quite WSControl, take it out of the auto startup and reboot...see if the tracks appear in the Control App now.
Old 02-01-2023, 12:07 PM

Hi Eddie,

Thanks for the response.

1) there is NO workstation shown in the "Workstation" tab in the MAC EUCON app. There never is; even when things are working properly. Nothing shows up on the left therefore there's nothing on the right. Note: my system has only one workstation running everything, and one S6.

2) I do not have "External Workstations" checked

3) I've tried the focus away, refocus PT thing many times - never works; didn't work when I tried it again many many times just now

4) I quit WSControl, I always have audio start for both it and EUCON unchecked so it didn't need to be taken out, and restarted the WSControl app (which I assume is what you meant by rebooting ?). No help.

Note: the iPhone remained connected to the MAC EUCON app the entire time I performed these checks. But no content.

Can you think of anything that could be causing this ? It seems like the big clue is everything works fine after a fresh install and until I reboot the computer.
Old 02-01-2023, 12:16 PM
Avid

Quote:
Originally Posted by rus5 View Post
Hi Eddie,

Thanks for the response.

1) there is NO workstation shown in the "Workstation" tab in the MAC EUCON app. There never is; even when things are working properly. Nothing shows up on the left therefore there's nothing on the right. Note: my system has only one workstation running everything, and one S6.

2) I do not have "External Workstations" checked

3) I've tried the focus away, refocus PT thing many times - never works; didn't work when I tried it again many many times just now

4) I quit WSControl, I always have audio start for both it and EUCON unchecked so it didn't need to be taken out, and restarted the WSControl app (which I assume is what you meant by rebooting ?). No help.

Note: the iPhone remained connected to the MAC EUCON app the entire time I performed these checks. But no content.

Can you think of anything that could be causing this ? It seems like the big clue is everything works fine after a fresh install and until I reboot the computer.
Not having the WS in the Workstation tab would be the cause. Can you screen grab it for me to make sure we are talking about the same thing?
Old 02-01-2023, 12:29 PM

Ok, I've uploaded a screenshot of both the "Surfaces" page and the requested "Workstations" page.

But Eddie, the "Workstations" page has NEVER had anything in it including when this was working fine. If I uninstall EUCON and re-install it, this problem will go away and there will be nothing shown in the "Workstations" tab. I actually specifically checked that last time.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screen Shot 2023-02-01 at 1.24.39 PM.jpg (32.4 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Screen Shot 2023-02-01 at 1.24.49 PM.jpg (29.9 KB, 0 views)
Old 02-01-2023, 12:31 PM
Avid

Thanks...whether it worked before or not...Its definitely an issue. I'll ask here for what to do next.
Old 02-01-2023, 12:41 PM

Ok, excellent. That's actually reassuring. I hope there's a straightforward way to fix it !

Standing by ...
Old 02-02-2023, 08:46 AM
Avid

Can you try something for me. Shut down PT/EUCON. Then rename your computer...can be just 1 character change. Restart and see if the WS shows up now? If this doesn't work please run the installer and select remove all Apps and remove all Prefs. Restart and check that this file is gone library/applications support/avid/EUCON/com.avid.eucon.plist. Then reinstall with your network setup as you want it. No vpn's.
Old 02-02-2023, 11:04 AM

This worked ! (at least so far ...)

Renaming didn't make a difference so I renamed the workstation back again, performed the uninstall (files and perfs), restarted - checked and the entire folder you listed was empty - reinstalled and restarted again. This time, my workstation DID show up and upon loading a PT session, IT showed up too !

Of course, this isn't my first rodeo with this working only immediately after an install so I restarted again and my workstation still showed up. So I launched a session again and it STILL worked. So I can't say it will keep on working with further restarts but my workstation has NEVER shown up in the workstations tab before and it does now so I'm thinking this fixed it.

Thanks Eddie !!
Old 02-02-2023, 11:21 AM
Avid

Great!