Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > AAX Plug-ins

Old 07-17-2022, 07:23 AM

Default I can't get Space to load in PT Arist

I purchased Space back when it was "TL Space" and ran it on my old system which failed a couple years ago. recently got a new Mac Studio M1 Max, running latest version of Pro Tools Artist.

My ilok account shows no expiration on Space, yet after I downloaded it, it's nowhere to be found in PT. No issues loading any of my other plugs but I'm not ruling this out as "operator error". suggestions? I downloaded the latest Mac version...maybe I needed to select a different download? running Monterey 12.3.1 w/the most recent version of Artist.
Old 07-17-2022, 07:46 AM

Default Re: I can't get Space to load in PT Arist

Unclear what exactly you are installing. The last Mac version of TL Space or Space? TL Space is TDM/RTAS only IIRC.

"latest" does not tell us what you have/think is latest, what *exact* installer and version number and ideally release date? You ran the installer and there were no errors?

Maybe you are caught up in more recent plugin compatibility issues (e.g. you'll likely need 2022 builds of Space ,
for compatibility with Monterey and later as you do for other Avid plugins) but plugins not showing up troubleshooting always starts the same way... did the installer actually install the plugins .aaxplugin file in the plugin directory?

If so try trashing prefs. look for the plugin to load on the splash screen when you start Pro Tools.

At that point I would hope you either have it working, a license error, or a invalid plugin error. The Pro Tools log file might also give a clue at that point.
Old 07-17-2022, 01:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darryl Ramm View Post
Unclear what exactly you are installing. The last Mac version of TL Space or Space? TL Space is TDM/RTAS only IIRC.

"latest" does not tell us what you have/think is latest, what *exact* installer and version number and ideally release date? You ran the installer and there were no errors?

Maybe you are caught up in more recent plugin compatibility issues (e.g. you'll likely need 2022 builds of Space ,
for compatibility with Monterey and later as you do for other Avid plugins) but plugins not showing up troubleshooting always starts the same way... did the installer actually install the plugins .aaxplugin file in the plugin directory?

If so try trashing prefs. look for the plugin to load on the splash screen when you start Pro Tools.

At that point I would hope you either have it working, a license error, or a invalid plugin error. The Pro Tools log file might also give a clue at that point.
As far as what I'm installing, it's Space. Unless I've bad info, it was my understanding that TL Space is simply called "Space" now, so that's what I went with.

Pro Tools Artist version 2022.5.0. No errors installing but when I launch pro tools, I get the message attached here. not sure exactly where the plugin directory is found. did a search in the finder...found titles close to plugin directory, but not exact.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_5835.jpg (78.4 KB, 0 views)
Old 07-17-2022, 01:51 PM

That dialog you see at PT launch proves that you have installed Space, but PT finds no license for it. I'm guessing your old TL Space license simply doesn't work for the new Space.
BTW, AAX plugins are found here:
/Library/Applications support/Avid/Audio/Plugins
Old 07-17-2022, 02:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven O'Neill View Post
As far as what I'm installing, it's Space. Unless I've bad info, it was my understanding that TL Space is simply called "Space" now, so that's what I went with.

Pro Tools Artist version 2022.5.0. No errors installing but when I launch pro tools, I get the message attached here. not sure exactly where the plugin directory is found. did a search in the finder...found titles close to plugin directory, but not exact.
So after all this it's just a licensing issue. Like Pro Tools was clearly telling you that every time it starts up....

Make sure in ILM the license is actually on the iLok connected to your computer. As Ben says, you need to check if that license is supposed to activate this version. Likely best you just contact support/file a support incident (so they can look at the exact license on your iLok).

Last edited by Darryl Ramm; 07-17-2022 at 03:27 PM.
Old 07-17-2022, 03:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darryl Ramm View Post
So after all this it's just a licensing issue. Like Pro Tools was clearly telling you that every time it starts up....

Make sure in ILM the license is actually on the iLok connected to your computer. As Ben says, you need to check if that license is supposed to activate this version. Likely best you just contact support/fil a support incident.
when I look at my ilok account it's right there, "Space (AAX/RTAS)" "Avid TLL Products" expires "never". my ilok is connected. will contact support.
Old 07-17-2022, 03:28 PM

Quote:
when I look at my ilok account it's right there, "Space (AAX/RTAS)" "Avid TLL Products" expires "never". my ilok is connected. will contact support.
What does it say about activations?
Old 07-17-2022, 03:36 PM

Quote:
I expect you are doing the right stuff, but just to avoid any chance of confusion, you are kinda saying this a little unclearly. Looking "at your account" could mean you are looking in ILM at the overall account licenses you have. What you need to be doing is looking with ILM at the licenses actually installed on the iLok (i.e. click on the appropriate iLok icon in the left hand column of ILM) and if it's not there then drag it from your account to the iLok. I have absolutely borked myself with doing stuff like what I can only assume was accidentally dragging licenses from my iLok back to the overall account.

(edit: and Ben beat me to it, looking at activations when looking at the iLok account view is for the same reason... you need to know the licenses is actually activated in the right place, presumably on the iLok you are using).

Last edited by Darryl Ramm; 07-17-2022 at 05:25 PM.