Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Eleven Rack

Old 11-15-2021, 01:56 PM

Default [Solved: Chrome Browser bug?] Eleven Rack Editor Downloads are Missing

Avid peeps. Could somebody please have a look at this. The Eleven Rack standalone editor downloads for Windows and Mac seem to have gone off into Akamai noddy land. The download are missing, in both the link provided in this knowledge base article

https://avid.secure.force.com/pkb/ar...en-Rack-Editor

and in the marketing capture page:

https://connect.avid.com/eleven-rack-editor.html

Oh and that marketing form is so stupidly invasive. You don't need all the questions there to be useful for marketing, and folks who want a quick editor download are not going to fill out that form with accurate information. You can delete all the recent download attempts with my email address, with my company located in Butt**** Arkansas, who are a House of Worship, and interested in Sports Production.

It would be great for the Eleven Rack editor downloads to show up in Pro Tools account downloads, and in the Avid Download Center.

Last edited by Darryl Ramm; 11-16-2021 at 11:39 AM.
Old 11-16-2021, 09:21 AM

Default Re: Eleven Rack Editor Downloads are Missing

I checked that KB article and the links for the Editor (around the middle of the page) work for me. Can you please try again and report back? Thanks!
Old 11-16-2021, 11:22 AM

Default Re: Eleven Rack Editor Downloads are Missing

Jeffro thanks for the fast response.

OK well looks like it might have been a browser bug that has been fixed. The download links were not working for me with Google Chrome, on either Mac or Windows, I messed around yesterday with that, tried disabling all extensions, restarting etc. It still failed today, but I realized today it worked in Safari... which I'd missed before. What fixed Chrome on both Mac and Windows today was updating the browser to the latest versions. I upgraded to 96.0.4664.45 (on Mac and Windows) from 95.0.4638.69 which was not working. I gave up looking for any specific fix note because the 96.0 release change log has around 500 occurance of "download".

(and thanks for posting Benoni's install tip in the other thread).
Old 11-16-2021, 01:01 PM

Default Re: [Solved: Chrome Browser bug?] Eleven Rack Editor Downloads are Missing

BTW if you still find problems with those download links in Chrome, try copying the link address and paste into the address bar in a chrome tab.
Old 11-16-2021, 01:35 PM

Default Re: [Solved: Chrome Browser bug?] Eleven Rack Editor Downloads are Missing

Thanks for that info, Darryl. I run 4 different browsers on 3 macOS versions and at times see inconstant behavior with them (and not just with our stuff).