Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Virtual Instruments
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-13-2010, 02:31 PM

Default Hybrid not showing presets with Snow Leopard update

Please don't tell me that I have to look at other posts because I have. It seems that this topic isn't being resolved when it needs to be. I have Hybrid 1.5.3 which is the new update from PT 8.0.3. The presets are not visible. Can someone give me a link to download a version of Hybrid that does work with PT 8.0.3? I know there has to be a solution to this and this would be resolved quickly if say will.i.am, Timbaland, or Rodney Jerkins had the issue.
Old 01-13-2010, 02:49 PM

Default Re: Hybrid not showing presets with Snow Leopard update

System info is a minimum we're going to need if you want some help.

We'd ask will-i-am et al the same thing.

Founder of the Expert Sites.
Old 01-13-2010, 02:52 PM

Hello,

Yes, the 1.5.3 installer seems to overwrite the patches

I did this to get them back...

Downloaded them again from the AIR Users Blog Patchbay
http://airusersblog.squarespace.com/...ound-bank.html

Copied all of the folders from within the newly downloaded 'Factory' folder to
Macintosh HD/Library/Application Support/Digidesign/Plug-In Settings/Hybrid

Cheers

evs
Old 01-13-2010, 03:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackshocklee View Post
Please don't tell me that I have to look at other posts because I have. It seems that this topic isn't being resolved when it needs to be. I have Hybrid 1.5.3 which is the new update from PT 8.0.3. The presets are not visible. Can someone give me a link to download a version of Hybrid that does work with PT 8.0.3? I know there has to be a solution to this and this would be resolved quickly if say will.i.am, Timbaland, or Rodney Jerkins had the issue.
Are your wavetables missing too?

The reason I ask is that I recently installed SL and 8.0.3, but I did so in a screwy sequence that caused the same problem:

I installed SL to a new partition, migrated files, settings and apps. This put a copy of 8.0.1cs1 on the new SL system. I did a clean uninstall of PT, installed the 8.0.3 DL full installer. I then installed the Hybrid and Structure SL updates...

The problem is that the PT uninstaller removes all factory content, including the presets and wavetables. The AIR updates are not full installers so the factory content is not reinstalled.

The fix was to: use the original installers (MPTK2 in my case), then apply the AIR updaters..

I haven't done too much testing, but seems to be OK so far
Old 01-13-2010, 03:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flommer View Post
Are your wavetables missing too?

The reason I ask is that I recently installed SL and 8.0.3, but I did so in a screwy sequence that caused the same problem:

I installed SL to a new partition, migrated files, settings and apps. This put a copy of 8.0.1cs1 on the new SL system. I did a clean uninstall of PT, installed the 8.0.3 DL full installer. I then installed the Hybrid and Structure SL updates...

The problem is that the PT uninstaller removes all factory content, including the presets and wavetables. The AIR updates are not full installers so the factory content is not reinstalled.

The fix was to: use the original installers (MPTK2 in my case), then apply the AIR updaters..

I haven't done too much testing, but seems to be OK so far
I've not moved to SL yet, I've got a partition with it on, but I'm not sure if I can handle the pain. I booted it the other day and I couldn't launch PT8.03 as it wouldn't find my Eleven Rack. Is it working for you?

Old 01-13-2010, 03:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RussUK View Post
I've not moved to SL yet, I've got a partition with it on, but I'm not sure if I can handle the pain. I booted it the other day and I couldn't launch PT8.03 as it wouldn't find my Eleven Rack. Is it working for you?
Yup so far. Not much testing time, though. I don't have many plugins so that is probably a point in my favor..

Weird things I've noticed:

I've gotten the bouncing MIDI Framework folder a couple times upon launching AMS and AMS is not remembering some changes, like position and icon for some devices.. But they all work so far..

Old sessions are very slow to open. I also moved my whole primary sessions folder from an old HD to a new one, so that could just be a symptom of the moved sessions, not 8.0.3

Other than that, the system seems a little zippier and basically everything else is working. Pretty amazing considering that SL changed a lot of underlying technology..
Old 01-14-2010, 11:02 AM

Could you send me that link again gruddlebug? It brought me to an unknown page. Thanks!
Old 01-14-2010, 11:05 AM

RussUK,

Here is my system info:
Mac OS X 10.6.2
3.06 GHz Intel Core 2 Due
8 GB RAM
Pro Tools 8.0.3
Digi 002 Rack
Old 01-14-2010, 11:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackshocklee View Post
Could you send me that link again gruddlebug? It brought me to an unknown page. Thanks!
http://www.airusersblog.com/patchbay/

You need to login, but it's quick, easy and FREE

Old 01-14-2010, 11:45 AM

I downloaded the factory patches from the link and I can now use them in my <factory default> librarian menu, but they still don't seem to come up when I click on my presets tab. I remember this happening before to me, and there was a version of hybrid that I had to download for it to work. Anyone know the link to download a hybrid version that will work on 8.0.3 Snow Leopard update?