Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 11-12-2003, 10:36 AM

Default BTD issues plugin max before probs, waves, BF,

hey guys,

how many plugs are you guys able to get in before BTD issues? Using real cpu eaters waves, bomb factory, dverb, etc.. I know there is a list of these threads but it helps to see how many tracks people are able to pull off along with cpu eating plugs..
I can do 22 tracks 25 plugs waves ren comp, ren 6band, bf sansamp psa1 etc..
anyone know if there is an update coming soon for the btd prob..

I gig ram
2.4 ghz processor
80gb hd
30gb hd
Old 11-12-2003, 01:41 PM

Default Re: BTD issues plugin max before probs, waves, BF,

Hi!
Out of curiosity of differences between 5.3 and 6.1, I have uninstalled and reinstalled a few times now. After following some advice found on the DUC, and weeding out others, I have 6.1.1 running really well, very happy.

I have a P4 2.66, OC'd to 3G (not a great idea, but I like to torture P4's )
I had 32 audio tracks, 24 aux tracks, seperate audio files all over 1 min in length.
All Digi plugs, each of the 32 audio tracks had 4 band eq, compressor, Dverb, long delay amd a slap delay. Master had 4 band eq, limiter. Each Aux had 4 band eq, compressor, and the first 4 had Dverbs, couple more had delays. I got up near 200 plugins before I had problems.

That said, I did find a little glitch: Save session and reopen was impossible! Recreate session, and all was fine. So, I saved the session with only the 4 band eqs, the aux tracks and master loaded as described, and saved. Opened fine. Added the rest of the stuff, all fine. Save again, reopen- boom.

Maybe it is a P4 thing, maybe it is a Pro Tools thing. Anyone else want to try this?
Quote:
Originally Posted by nikki-k View Post
Sometimes ya just gotta put your tongue on the 9V battery just to see what all the fuss is about.
Old 11-12-2003, 01:58 PM

Default Re: BTD issues plugin max before probs, waves, BF,

I don't seem to have a problem with the digirack plugs. THE big dogs that eat the cpu are where the probs come in. It seems that if you can play all those tracks and plugins without any problems you should be able to bounce with out any problems. I know that the waves plugs are monsters but I don't have a problem tracking with them or playing a session with them loaded up. Rtas versions